Colour help again thanks :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrycharm

Reaction score
Ok So first boy....

He has blue eyes black hoves dorsal and shoulder barring (mum is in back ground her sire was a perlino dun)

buckbaby.jpg

babybuck.jpg

Second boy also has blue eyes, star, striped hooves no dun markings his dam is a palomino pinto

mumfoal.jpg

mumsfoal.jpg

Sire is Cinnamax silver dun

Thankyou
default_smile.png

I am gona guess from the pics their color would fit right in with my herd!
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif
I think the first one is a Dun, the second maybe a Buckskin Pinto?

Very cute boys you got there!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
I'm going to second Rockin R's guess as the first one is a DUN and the second a Buckskin pinto.(minimal)

I am thinking their eyes are not actually "blue" but are the greyish color often associated with the dillution genes. I am thinking they are both silver buckskins.

The first one is definitely a bay dun(zebra dun). I can already see the dorsal stripe, also you can see that the ears are outlines with the darker color and the forehead. When the foal loses it's baby hair you will likely see the zebra stripes behind the elbows and hock and on the lower legs.

Not sure about the second one.

OOPS, just re-read the post. That first colt would have to be a bucksin dun. If sire is a perlino than the colt has to have cream. Dun is definitely there and the only cream looking color he looks like is bucksin. I don't really see silver but it's definitely possibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous boys! I especially love that one by Cinnamax which doesn't surprise me as I've always admired him from the pictures I've seen. As far as color, I would guess black silver dun and silver buckskin. I suppose over there they would be called taffy of some sort but I'm not sure what.

thanks everyone
default_smile.png

They are both sired by cinnamax the first ones grandad is a perlino.

I guessed the first one was dun as he has all the markings just wat colour dun so a bay? i thought he might have been a cream something as he is so light

and the second one not dun but yea not sure what colour
default_smile.png
but as he had stripped hooves i wondered if he was a silver something??? So a bucksin probably? neat, i love these colours this year icing on the cake to such lovely babies

can i test for anything to no? We dont have taffy here in NZ i think thats ausie its just silver dapple or silver bay here
default_smile.png

Ok, I misunderstood about their sires. Cinnamax is doing a great job for you! You could test them both for cream and silver, at least those would be the two I would suggest. Of course, you could test for red factor and agouti too if you really want proof of red vs. black base and bay based or not.

I don't know dilute colors at all! :DOH! Just wanted to congratulate you on 2 fine looking colts!!
default_smile.png

I would say silver-grullo on the first, and silver-buckskin on the second. ;)

The first could carry cream if mom does, but it doesn´t really show on a black base so you would need to test for that to make sure.

First colt, guessing Smoky Grullo, as mum obviously isn't Silver....Dad could be, is he tested??

Second colt, either pale Buckskin...again, any Silver testing??...or dark Palomino + Sooty.

First colt is not worth keeping though the winter IMO, so I would send him to me, and I'll look after him for nothing and find him a good home.......
default_smile.png

I agree with rabbitsfizz BUT you should send him to me instead
default_smile.png
I have a few fillies that could keep him company!

I would say silver smokey grullo for the first one (silver + dun + creme on black) and silver buckskin for the second. I know Cinnamax is a silver grullo so that's where the boys are getting it from.

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL foals! Congrats!

default_smile.png
I would say silver smokey grullo for the first one (silver + dun + creme on black) and silver buckskin for the second. I know Cinemax is a silver grullo so that's where the boys are getting it from.

I'll fight you for him!!!

Not sure where everyone is getting the Silver from.....

No proof of it anywhere........

Can't see it myself.

I'll fight you for him!!!Not sure where everyone is getting the Silver from.....

Can't see it myself.
Because the sire's a silver I think...... anyway I have noticed creams looks EXTREMELY different from screen to screen. On this computer, the first one looks every bit silver to me (silver black dun, smokey silver black dun?), and the second one looks like a normal buckskin. On my dad's laptop they both look waaaaaaay darker.

The first one I am going to go with smokey black dun that might have silver, second one still looks buckskin to me.

default_smile.png
I would say silver smokey grullo for the first one (silver + dun + creme on black) and silver buckskin for the second. I know Cinemax is a silver grullo so that's where the boys are getting it from.

I'll fight you for him!!!

Not sure where everyone is getting the Silver from.....

Can't see it myself.
Lol you lot make me laugh
default_smile.png
Thankyou for all your lovely coments!!!

Heres dad....

maxcal.jpg

Latest posts

Back