color question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appymini

Reaction score
Northern Ontario Country( where it is winter 11mon
Last edited by a moderator:
The photos "appear" to have disappeared from photobucket!
default_wacko.png
:

Your photos aren't coming up.

However, since he's developing spots, I watch and wait right now. The best time to put in for a color change with the registries is when you apply for permenant papers.

MA

Do you know what the parents' base colors are? Are either one of them a true gray?

I can see the photo's today! They weren't showing before =)

So in case anyone can't see the photo's - the foal was a solid beige color with a blaze down his face. Second two photo's he clipped out completely white with a few large black spots on his rump and a sabino looking black patch on his neck.

Yes this foal is definitely grey, and also inherited the appy roaning gene to have roaned completely white so fast! I would say those spots are appaloosa spots, the neck one looks funny but if his dam is appaloosa I see where it comes from. He is a grey overo pintoloosa
default_yes.gif
:

WOW! :new_shocked: He is NEAT looking. You are going to have FUN watching him mature!
default_yes.gif
:

Yes, I would definitely wait before changing his color. Lord knows what he's going to develop!

MA

Latest posts

Back