Color help. . .

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeosPocoDan

Reaction score
This is Heavens lil Piece of Sweet Stuff, or Cinnamon. She is going to be 12 months in July, but what I was wondering is if yall think she is turning gray? Her darn is a gray, and her father is a bay, so I know it is possible.

darn-

CinnamonandDam.jpg

Sire-

Cinnamonssire.jpg

Close up pics of where it looks like she is changing color-

IMG_9825.jpg

IMG_9836.jpg

More of her-

IMG_9826.jpg

IMG_9827.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg

IMG_9835.jpg

IMG_9833.jpg

IMG_9832.jpg

IMG_9829.jpg

From the pictures I would say her dam is silver dapple, not grey. Looks like sabino roaning to me. If she was turning grey it would show on her face.

I agree with stormy - no grey there whatsoever!

And the dam is silver dapple, as stormy indicated...
default_yes.gif

OMG she is ADORABLE
default_wub.png
I have no idea on the color though
default_biggrin.png
I just want to hug her
default_yes.gif

I agree with the others, the dam is a silver dapple (silver black), not a grey, therefore your foal (yearling) will not turn grey!

I agree -- the dam is silver dapple and does not look like she's turning grey. Even if her papers say she's grey. That is a common mistake with silver dapples (to register them as "grey").

The foal doesn't seem to be turning grey to me. It looks like sabino roaning to me, too
default_yes.gif

This may help... Here is my 4 yr old mare she is going grey. You can see the graying in her face and she has googles around her eyes.

6-1-08054-1-1.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help!

I now won't worry about her markings dissappearing!

I'm excited to see how she is going to turn out, she seems to be darkening in some spots too, so I'll have to wait and see!

Very cute! And I don't think she is going to grey either. Just roaning.

Her dam and granddam are definitely silver dapple. No grey.

I own a half-brother to your filly that I got from Denise. (Same sire) He is very similar to her.

He is Heavens Lil Lucky Me on my website. I actually bought 6 mares, one filly, and this colt from Denise so I have/will have 5 foals out of Bagpipe Flats Sir Eric Laphroaig.

HTH!

edited to add that Lucky is already getting the dark points that we think may make him a tri-color pinto as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a half-brother to your filly that I got from Denise. (Same sire) He is very similar to her.

He is Heavens Lil Lucky Me on my website. I actually bought 6 mares, one filly, and this colt from Denise so I have/will have 5 foals out of Bagpipe Flats Sir Eric Laphroaig.
Thanks for you help!

Heavens Lil Lucky Me is so adorable! They do have very similar looks!

Latest posts

Back