Color Gurus?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoMango

Reaction score
I am totally stumped. Got her from the auction, few days later a full blown upper respiratory infection, she is shedding out funny, but I saw no indication of lice... It has been nearly impossible to do much with her as I broke my tibia and fibula the day after I got her. So I finally got my mom and daughter to get pics of her, since they have to bring her down to the house so I can give her the penicillin shot anyway.

She has a light roany patch on her rump, dark face , ears and nose (she is not shed out there yet either), but light cheeks. Her mane where she has color, is a very light tan. Her tail, light tan. Her color on her side and rump is a coppery brown with light spots, lower legs are darker.

ALSO, is she a splash? I thought splash white started from the bottom? So maybe a plain tobi, she has no face white.

Thanks for lookin

Anyhow, here she is.

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a shade of Silver Dapple to me. Colored alot like mine only mine have a little darker shade. She is cute though

Thanks, that was a lot simpler then I thought it would be. Any guesses about the roan patch on her rump?

Looks about the same color as my silver black in winter coat (except mine has no white), my girl sheds to a lovely silver color in summer.

I agree.....Silver Black (aka Silver Dapple) with Sabino.
default_yes.gif

Silver Black base, Tobiano + (possibly) Sabino and possibly Splash. It is also possible the patch will disappear with spring coat!

What is this mares name? She looks very much like one I used to own...

Love your signature line by the way, so very true lol.
default_biggrin.png

Jan

Thanks again everyone, I never even considered silver dapple, because she has so much red in her coat.
default_wub.png

Are there different types of silver dapple? I know some can be really light and others almost black.

Wildoak, I never got a name with her, owners didnt even stay to see her go through.

Thanks again everyone, I never even considered silver dapple, because she has so much red in her coat.
default_wub.png
Are there different types of silver dapple? I know some can be really light and others almost black.

Wildoak, I never got a name with her, owners didnt even stay to see her go through.
My silver dapple has quite a bit of red/brown in her winter coat, but her summer coat is a very pretty silver color. They do seem to go through seasonal color changes (not all, but some).

Well Thanks! This thread has answered my color question as well!
default_aktion033.gif

My husband and I bought a little pinto gelding a year ago, his papers just say "gray pinto".

He looks so much like this mare, has the odd gray/brown mix in his winter coat, but then sheds out to a handsome gray dapple in the summer!

Now I know what his true color is, thanks again!

My Missy is Black under her mane. she has different shades on her head and is red across the rump just like your new horse. The thing is this is a ready to shed icky winter coat. Missy is quite different in the summer time. I can't wait to clip.

Latest posts

Back