color experts help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitsy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is our little "black" overo filly born three weeks ago. Please check out the pictures attached. I can't decide what she is. We tested her for the dilute gene thinking she was maybe a smokey black, that came back negative. She is and was born with jet black legs, mane, tail, back, top of head, the rest of her is a dark gray? Check out the distinct line on her knees between the black and gray. Her dad was buckskin, by a black and out of a sorrel, mom is a sorrel with flaxen. I used the running shot because it best showed the diffenence in her sides. Any ideas?

cindyfront2.jpg

cindyfullflight.jpg

Well, I think that when she sheds her foal coat you will find a black horse under there. There is no way she can be grulla since neither of her parents is dun.

I'm no expert but, I say she'll be just black & white, some day :lol:

Well, I think that when she sheds her foal coat you will find a black horse under there. There is no way she can be grulla since neither of her parents is dun.
Yep that´s right so eithet black or smokey black.
default_yes.gif
:

Shé is gorgeous either way! :aktion033:

If you are tired of her I know a nice place in Holand she would love...
default_wink.png
:

Yep that´s right so eithet black or smokey black.
default_yes.gif
:

Shé is gorgeous either way! :aktion033:

If you are tired of her I know a nice place in Holand she would love...
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back