color and pattern help.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoMango

Reaction score
Im debating on her color, she seems too brown/orange to be chestnut yet too orange/tan to be plain brown.

I was thinking maybe a dun of some sort? she doesnt have any color over her back, so no help there. And her legs are all white, so again no help. She does have slightly darker color on the edges of her ears. Mane and tail mostly white.

And she has a partial blue eye, doesnt that usually mean frame or splash?

Any suggestions?

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

I'd vote either chestnut/sorrel, or maybe red dun, but without color across her back its had to say for sure. She's cute.

With all the white its hard to say if she is sorrel or red dun. She is almost the exact same shade as my red dun pinto mare here. But the only way I know mine is red dun is because she has given me a grulla foal by an obviously non-dun stallion.

cretahillsgal, Thanks, I was thinking the same thing, I did a lot of looking at different duns on the internet and several were her color. She could very well be chestnut, but it just doesnt seem quite the right color for her.

And I hope everyone can look past the too small of halter dent in her nose. We only got her a few weeks ago from the auction and she already had it. She is a nice little mare, I just dont understand the "lets dump her at the auction" mentality. We were the only bidder other than the meat man.

We also got a PREGNANT pintaloosa at the same auction for $60! Again we were the only other bidder other than the meat buyer. Who does that? Breeds and dumps? :arg!
default_no.gif
default_nono.gif

If she was red dun, she would have the dark dorsal stripe going through the red of her mane and forelock, and it doesn't appear that she does??

She's got the reddy color of a red dun, but won't even do you any godo to test for that. And I'm assuming since she came from the auction, you don't have a parent color deal on her either. ehh without proof of the dun, other than her having a dun foal to prove it, I'd jsut call her a sorrel/white paint. lol

Latest posts

Back