Coat Colour

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickysminis

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help me decide what colour my chap is? (unfortunatley i don't have any decent pictures as yet, but as soon as i do i will post them, so i will just describe the best i can)

I have a skewald colt, or at least thats what i thought he was.

In the last few months i have noticed more brown spots appearing on his white patches and then, this week i noticed he is getting a very spotty muzzle and around his eyes are pink with spots.

He is currently still in his winter woolies so how spotty he really is i wont know 'til i get him clipped.

His dad is a homozygous (sp) skewbald and his mum is spotted bred. Could he be a pintaloosa (sp)?

I have only ever had plain coloured or skewbald horses and his markings seem very different to the skewbalds i have had before.

I would love to know what you all think.

Thanks

Nicky

Well, if his sire is Homozygous Tobiano, he is definitely a Tobiano at the very least. It is hard to say without pictures, but if he is getting mottled skin and more spots, I would say that Pintaloosa is a possibility.

I agree...sounds like you definately have a Pintaloosa there!!
default_yes.gif

Thanks for your replies.

I am quite excited
default_biggrin.png
that i might have a Pintaloosa, especially as i thought he would just be skewbald like his dad, which i didn't mind as i'm a sucker for coloured horses. I can't wait to see how his colour develops as he gets older (he is only a yearling).

Nicky

Latest posts

Back