Coast To Coast Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainWoman

Reaction score
Wow, are there some gorgeous horses on the sale. Is anyone bidding?

I think this deserves to be bumpe up! While I am not in the market and have just happily placed the last one I had for sale......I must say that if there are members looking, or people new to mins looking for a great gelding to start showing, WOW, CAN YOU ALL PICK UP AN AWESOME STALLION OR COLT AND HAVE IT GELDED! WHAT AN AWESOME WAY TO START OFF AT AN AWESOME PRICE!

Don't get me wrong there aresome very nice fillies and mares, but going down the list, not looking at the gender, saying to myself, hypothetically, if i were to build a herd or was new and chose a horse just on the horse, not looking at gender, bloodlines or personality, just on looks, I am drawn to some really nice boys that are listed in this sale. What a great opportunity for someone to get a great deal.

Remember, this is a great chance for someone to get the horse directly from the owner through an online auction, no agents, the owner doesn't have to pay a high consignment or comission and in some instances that is taken into consideration when it comes to reserves, no worrying about a horse that is stressed going through a sale, no interaction with other horses which, between stress and mingling, they may contract something they have not built up an immunity to. This is a great chance at some nice horses.

Good Luck To All The Sellers And Buyers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a handful I wouldnt mind owning...

Rumor, Deamon, and about 4 others!

default_smile.png

I only hope that the bidders understand that it is still cold in some parts of the country, and to get recent pictures, horse couldn't be clipped entirely. Yes there are some bargains to be had especially on colts and the reserves reflect the fact that the buyer may want to geld at additional cost.

Riverrose-your horses are lovely and you did a great job grooming them and getting recent pictures. It really is hard this time of year, but you did wonderfully! I am sure most people will understand. If I was in the market for a stallion/colt I would take a long hard look at your boys.

I've been checking out the sale horses & bids but will not be bidding--we already have a new colt coming this spring and that makes us full up, or more than full up. :D There are relatives in this sale....relatives to some of my horses, not my relatives. I own a full brother and also a 3/4 brother to JEM Road Hammer (Lot 28) and a full brother to JEM Dun Deal (Lot 29)--all 3 of mine are lovely horses and I'm quite sure these two sale horses are equally good. In fact Dun Deal might be nicer than her full brother here--I was almost tempted to put in a bid on her, even though I'm not in the market for another Mini mare!

I think it's quite disappointing how few bids there are on these sale horses--when I last counted, a couple days ago, I think there were 28 horses that had bids, out of a total of 131 horses. Perhaps...I hope...some people are waiting until the very end to put in their bids?

I think there are some fabulous deals in this sale as well! But also will not be able to bid, I have bought my limit. I saw the sire of my mare Buttons in the sale, he is gorgeous, he is lot #45. Lots of temptation though LOL!

I think there are alot of nice horses for sale online auction. What lot is you all favorite
default_smile.png

okay, I'll play......keep in mind, I am partial to overos and splash patterns......

3,12,14,16,63,65,83,91,92,94,136,132,112......I think my favorites are 136,63,65 and 83, I didn't mark him down but I would love to know what the Texas Spotty colt looks like in a few years, I bet there will be a few spots under there somewhere.

Some awesome boys in there, and some that would make excellant geldings for someone looking for a family horse that would do well in the ring.

okay, I'll play......keep in mind, I am partial to overos and splash patterns......

3,12,14,16,63,65,83,91,92,94,136,132,112......I think my favorites are 136,63,65 and 83, I didn't mark him down but I would love to know what the Texas Spotty colt looks like in a few years, I bet there will be a few spots under there somewhere.

Some awesome boys in there, and some that would make excellant geldings for someone looking for a family horse that would do well in the ring.
Wow you are like me you like alot of them. lol

Which one do you all thing is best mare and studs for breeding solid and pinto

I'll play too. I breed for all around A sized minis. Color isn't as important to me as correctness, and a good disposition. Obviously, I can't use disposition as a deciding factor in this case. The SO does have some dislikes I have to consider... he really does not like appies, and he prefers solid horses. I like pintos, but lean toward preferring a minimal white pinto. He also really does not care for silver dapples... he thinks they look moldy!

Listed in numerical order because that was easiest
default_smile.png
there are a few I would love to call mine, but space and finances say no buying right now
default_sad.png
We won't mention the 3 the SO just bought! I'm just very glad he loves the horses, and is interested enough to completely blindside me by wanting to buy his own! One of which is actually on this list, but as the contract is in the mail, I will not spill the beans!

Lots # 1, 4, 7, 12, 32, 33, 36, 44, 54 even if she is b size, 56 (but SO would not), 59 (he looks so incredibly sweet), 63, 73 is absolutely gorgeous (altho the SO won't like her either, he'll say she has too much white), 75, 79, 80 (same with the white), 89, 98, 101, 103, 105 (stunning mare), 107 (I love the Dandy line, and a direct son? YES please! If I had the room), 109, 119, 125, and 134.

What I don't get some of these horses are listed on other sites for sale too. I dont understand that or how someone could do that

What I don't get some of these horses are listed on other sites for sale too. I dont understand that or how someone could do that
Most of them are listed on the breeder's website. Most of them also have reserves which have not yet been met so they might still be for sale after the auction and that's probably why they are still listed on websites.

Just so many lovely horses. If it's anything like D'Armond's auction, the bidding will really heat up on the last day.

This was part of the terms for the sale. Sellers were aloud to advertise and keep the horse listed their site, if someone wanted to purchase outside of the sale, prior or during, the owner is aloud to sell the horse privately and mark it as sold. Remember, if an asking price is on a website, there might be a silent reserve on the auction, but the reserve may be the lowest amount the seller will part with a horse, which still may be a considerable discount under the asking price. Why........well what one would like to get and what one is willing to take may be two different prices, but one can always go down in price, it is hard for people to accept a horse going up in price. Things that can cause a horse to go up in price.....showing, training, in foal, foal at side, proven broodmare or stallion.......but people still have issues seeing a horses price marked up rather than marked down. Regardless, the terms of the sale permitted sellers to continue to advertise and market their horses.

As I stated in my initial post this is a chance for sellers to put a horse in a sale without a huge amount of overhead, without risk of stress or illness, or traveling fees and lodging that may go hand in hand with consigning a horse to a live sale, and it is a chance for potentential buyers to put out a reasonable bid to get a nice horse. Sometimes people are intimidated to respectfully negotiate with a seller, this is a chance and a medium to get that in motion.

Good Luck to all the sellers and bidders, hope it is win/win for all involved.

We'll have to have a follow up thread about who was the lucky winner of the horses. Happy bidding everyone!

I think more people would be part of auctions if they could be handled this way.

As Carolyn mentioned, there was a set fee, no additional fees, the horses are kept at their homes, not shipped off somewhere.

The websites, and emails are provided for people to contact the owners directly and discuss any details about the horse, the purchase agreements are handled between the owner and buyer. The location of the horse is known so there is not a surprise at the end.

Buyers can negotiate transportation in a more reasonable time period than at a usual auction where they have to be out immediatly after the sale.

The timing is perfect for spring, whether you are showing, breeding, or just have always wanted a miniature horse.

This is a good time of year to bring them home.

Have to confess I have been having discussions regarding one of the lots, and I see no problem with them being advertised elswhere also.

In fact, because this particular horse was also advertised elsewhere I have found a new friend who knows many of the mini people ( both in the US and here in the UK) that we do
default_yes.gif

I am waiting for the final result on a horse that I have in an online auction here in the UK before I make a final descision
default_pray.gif

There are some lovely horses being offered. I have a couple I had thought about consigning too but my inclination to procrastinate and a hectic schedule lately prevented it. I will be interested to see how things turn out for both the sellers and the buyers.

Latest posts

Back