CMHR $3 Mission: Ozark Dec. Donation PG. 29

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My list of being thankful would go on for ever so decided to put this up

But the one thing I would like to say: Is who ever is doing this, $1.00 for each of us to

say why we are thankful, will be so blessed... THANK YOU... for your generous gift.

By Author Unknown

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.

If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,

for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.

During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,

because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,

because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary,

because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,

and they can become your blessings.

I am so fortunate, and unfortunatley, being an ignorant teenager, often takes thing for granted.

However, when it really comes down to it, I have a lot to be thankful for...

2 wonderful parents

A roof over my head

Warm, clean, nice clothes

Food in my stomach

My health

2 wonderful minis, Polly and Titan, and a great, old, dog, Toby

23 llamas who I am able to care for and love as if they were my own

A best friend, Starr, who is TRULY my best friend

And my ability to learn and get a good education

There are so many more I can't think of, but I do know that I'm so blessed to have what I have and to be able to do what I am able to do!!

Dan.

Well, I already posted a thankful post, but wanted to add... Thankful for good news from the vet, today. Now to wait for blood test results from the other vet to see just how good the news is.

Hey - haven't seen a bid on the second Ozark bucket! I'll bid $75.00
default_biggrin.png

Hey - haven't seen a bid on the second Ozark bucket! I'll bid $75.00
default_biggrin.png

If the big buckets are anything like the regular buckets, you won't be disappointed. I bought the first regular bucket, and was absolutely thrilled with its contents. Can't wait to hear what he big buckets hold. Good luck, bidding.

I haven't had a moment to stop in here for a couple days. What a wonderful surprise to stop in and see all the posts regarding thanks! I enjoyed each and every one.
default_yes.gif

I also have so many things to be thankful for that I would never be able to list them all here, but I can say that I am SO VERY thankful for each and every one of you whom continue to support CMHR year after year. Without all of you none of this would be possible, my hat is off to you all!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

How exciting! A BIG bucket from Ozark! Wonder how many goodies will be in there?
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy

So sorry for my delay getting on here today but I had to get my chores done, fit my work out in and get to a doctor appointment.....but I'm here now!
default_aktion033.gif

I again want to take the time to thank everyone one of you who took the time to come on here and tell us all what you are thankful for....I so enjoyed reading all your posts! I also want to thank our generous donor for giving a $1 to CMHR for every "thankful" post....God Bless you all!!!
default_biggrin.png
We received another $10 yesterday for all your posts...giving us a total of $30 just for you taking the time to let us know what you are thankful for!!! Woo Hoo!!!
default_new_multi.gif

In addition to the $30 we will receive from our very generous donor we received an additonal $100 donation (thank you so much Sandra Harris
default_wub.png
) giving us a total of donations received of $1,854. This does not include any pledges (which are becoming to many to mention but I will let you know as I receive the checks--please bear with me), matches or the $1 donations for the thankful posts. With the double matches from our generous donor on donations received we will be receiving an additional $1,012 + $600+ from qualifying pledges not yet received.
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
How AWESOME is that!!!!!

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed being a part of this years $3 Mission of Thanks! You are all so wonderful! Thank you....Thank you....Thank you!!

I'll bid $90 on the first Ozark bucket.

I was in TN AND back today, so nice to get home and see the wonderful posts!!

Tammie, I know this becomes a task, thank you so much for keeping up with it all!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

TOMORROW WE HAVE MORE PRIZES YET!!

THANKS TO EACH OF YOU, AND I MEAN YOU!!

WE ONLY HAVE TWO DAYS LEFT, JUST TWO!!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif

I guess this is a good time to tell you about Miss Tennessee.

I heard about this little filly in a really bad place in the foothills so I went to check her out. The owners were a father and son team and pretty drunk. They had been arrested many times over for asault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, rape, and the list went on. The barn was huge and packed from top to bottom with years of garbage like you would see on that show "Hoarders." It was dark inside and I had to fight my way throught the junk to the back where the horses were kept. They were locked up in stalls burried in feces up to their knees. Part of the tin roof had collapsed and they were soaking wet as it was pouring down sleet at the time.

Miss Tennessee was laying down and there was dryed up blood all over her and the stall. She couldn't walk or get up. They carried her out to a place so I could see her better and got her to her feet just for a second and that is when I realized what had happened to her. Besides being skin and bones with a huge belly, I'm possitive they had trimmed her feet with a hack saw. It was laying right there with her with the dried up blood on it. They were trying to sell her to me and told me she was a world champion jumper and rode very well. I played along with them and agreed she was wonderful. Reported back to the Board of the situation and we all worked very hard on a plan on how to get her out of there. It was not easy.

When our hostess Frankie, Carolyn, heard about our Little Miss Tennessee she applied to adopt her in record time. She is now known as "Misty" of course and lives quite a great life with her as you can only imagine!

Here is her video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gini1944#p/u/13/i9nMm3B_qIM

http://www.youtube.com/user/gini1944#p/u/12/KBPkbsLWBaQ

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to bid 100$ for one bucket.

I hope I can bid even if I live in europe?

Good Morning everyone!

I'll get right down to business.....our total donations recieved yesterday were $16.00 (Thank you Kayla Blackburn and Foster & Joan Blackburn your checks qualifying for the double match donation were received yesterday)our GRAND total of donations received so far is $1,870.00 -- this does not include any pledges not yet received or the $1 donations for the 'thankful' posts or any of the double match donations. I have honestly lost track of pledges but will let everyone know when their check arrives. With the $30 from our generous donor for the 'thankful' posts and the double matches that will be an additional $1,038.00 from donations already received not to mention the qualifying pledges for a total of $2,938.00.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Only Two days left folks.....if you haven't already and it is in your power to do so
default_please.gif
donate today! We cannot do this without your continued support and the wonderful feeling of knowing your helping a horse in need is really it's own reward! As a foster mom to 3 CMHR horses...just knowing they are safe, cared for and loved brings me GREAT joy and this is all possible because of all of you!!!
default_worshippy.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_wub.png

default_luck.gif
to all of you bidding on the $100 buckets....there is still time! I think the current bids are at $100 and $95! Lots more to come too....it's going to be an exciting finale to our 6th annual $3 Mission of Thanks!! Stay tuned.....

One of our largest prizes!!

Ozark has donated another surprise bucket/package and this one is HUGE!!

This one is double, has a value of $100 +

Ohhhhhhhh WAIT!!

We have 2 of these,,,yes 2 at a value of $100 +

We will take bids on these 2 valuable prizes until noon on Weds.

The top 2 bidders will win one each!!

UNTIL NOON TODAY: THAT IS PACIFIC TIME!!!

I BELIEVE WE HAVE BOTH AT $100 AND $135

Tomorrow will be so very busy, I hope you go ahead and donate today so it doesn't slip your mind.

Remember, as I did, when you are out feeding your horses today,,,they DO have someone to feed them, please help with those that do not!!

HAPPY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 2 sets of home make rope halter tree ornaments donated by Shadow Paints here on the forum! They were made with special care by her and her sister.

They are really adorable!

Could be THE perfect present for your secret Santa.

Shipping will be paid for by Shadow Paints!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

You may see a picture here:

Or myself or Becca can send one via email.

Because we currently have an auction going on for the buckets: we are going to sell these wonderful ornaments, and it is the season!
default_wub.png

We have 2 sets. There are 5 halter ornaments per set.

$25 per set.

Paypal or us mail.

Just lets us know here you want to purchase one of the sets!!

Thank you Shadow Paint!!!

Good Luck!!

Latest posts

Back