Classic K Miniatures thread. pics and updates on my mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penny is packing her bags soon...
default_bye-sad.gif
I will miss her so much...

lol did I scare you all? lol don't worry she isn't going for ever... just having a little trip to my friends house. she is going to help him wean his foal. I'll try get some pics of them together she is going on Sunday probably. his foal is a riding pony lol and is probably going to be bigger then Penny already LOL but Penny won't care.

she will probably be gone for a week or two then back home where she belongs and back into training hee hee!!

I have lunged her twice now and will do so again before she goes once or twice, going to give her a bath tomorrow if the weather is good for me
default_smile.png
and make her nice and clean for her trip
default_smile.png
will take a pic if I do
default_smile.png
I have just put them onto a new supplement which is a really good coat conditioner Smartie is already looking SOOO good!! YEAH! the girls you can't really tell as much as they are SOOO dirty and SOOO fluffy LOL.

just thought I would let you all know what was happening.

I was going to leave it at my first post n not say anything else lol but I thought that would be a bit mean and you might not forgive me LOL it was a little fun hehe.

anyway will keep you updated with how she is and when she is back
default_smile.png

oh I did another leading lesson with Finn
default_smile.png
he is slowly learning. na he is doing pretty good I'm proud of my man! he just can't seem to work out that he CAN trot with a halter on! any suggestions? he won't trot for me
default_sad.png

Long driving whip with a plastic grocery bag tied to the end of it usually gets my lazy ones going... I just shake it behing them i dont actually have to use the whip on them.

I think Jax has mistaken Finn for Penny. Yes we have used the idea of a plastic bag/lunge whip with youngsters in their yearling/2yo years in the round pen, but not with a 5 month old foal.

Cassie, will he trot with you when playing in the pasture (no headollar or anything) Try to get him to do this first as a game. Then pop the headcollar on (no lead) and try again - try to get him alongside you. Then maybe try with a lightweight lead/even a piece of string so the normal weight of the lead doesn't put him off. Some babies really have a problem with getting the trot when being led, but if you are doing this without help, give the above a try.

If you can get a helper, then have them quietly follow you while leading him at the walk, give the command to trot on and have the helper click/clap hands/shush/even flap their coat to get Finn to move forward alongside you (lots of praise when he does!!) But please remember that you MUST remain by his shoulder, do NOT try to lead him by being ahead of him. Also try increasing your walking stride as he trots/jogs along rather than 'running' yourself - a human suddenly changing pace alongside a baby learning to trot on the lead, can be very off putting/even scarey to the small person!

Good luck - Finn will get it in the end. And good luck with Penny, do keep us updated how she is coping with her new 'job'.!

Lol thanks Jackie and Anna ;) yeah im going to try the bag trick with suzie lol who loves to be lazy but I'll try what you suggested with Finn Anna thank you
default_smile.png
yeah I always try to remain at his shoulder he is doing really well in general it's just if he gets scared of something or confused like if I try to move him to fast ( I am trying to be patient lol I think I am doing o.k for my first time training a horse lol) then we take quite a few streps backward so right now I'm just going to master the walk on I got it this morning that he was walking without me holding te treat right out in front I could hide it on my other side n then bring it out when I asked him to stop I'm going to work on that tomorrow as well... How often do u think I should have these sessions with him? At the moment I am trying to do it every 2nd day but as I have tomorrow off I'll prob give him another go then. But would love to know what you would suggest please
default_smile.png

Will let you know how we go with penny it will put my own weaning of Finn back a week or two but that's ok lol more time to save up for the gelding lol

Thanks for the advice

Cool will try that today thanks Diane
default_smile.png
it's a lovely day here so they are all finally going to get baths lol before the real cold sets in

What time do you normally get to work with him? I wonder if I can watch on cam
default_yes.gif

sorry Megan I should have come in and read your post LOL I was just working with him LOL

n then he was working on me LOL while I gave him his first real bath LOL I think I'm as wet as he is hee hee

I usually work on him in the morning... I will let you know when I do so again
default_smile.png
n will turn the cam on just for you

I know that everyone is very busy watching all the lovely new mares that are on here... but I didn't want to hijack anyones thread lol so here is the video I took of Finn and my old boy Kingston playing hee hee SO CUTE! I love my boys, they had such fun together, and play even better now, I have to try get my camera out there when they are playing again LOL

hope you all like it and it makes you laugh
default_smile.png
I know we all need a laugh every now and then.

And yes my Finnley man is VERY chubby and fluffy LOL he is sooo snuggable right now LOL

just click on the pic and it will take you to the clip
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh, Finn has grown! That was so cute! Ricky will full on chase my dogs but the dogs know to run on the porch and he can't follow lol

Oh brilliant Cassie - thanks for posting it. Finn is looking really good, Suzie too bless her. But I just adore Kingston, he is simply gorgeous - how old is he? He certainly doesn't act like an old dog!

How is Penny getting on - any chance of a pic of her and her new companion?

Your welcome Finn loves playing with Kingston
default_smile.png
lol n Kingston likes playing back... Sometimes lol

Last night I could hear them running around (they are now in the paddock right next to my window hehe and they are so funny!!) wish I had the camera out there lol

Anna Kingston will be 12 years old this year my gorgeous man He had his cruciate ligament operated on two years ago and you wouldn't know it now
default_smile.png

They are neighing at me for breakfast lol I better go and feed them lol not that Suzie or Finn need it lol funny kids!!

Penny is doing really well! The foal has gone now.... To her new home, and penny is keeping the mum company at the moment... Hoping to go out and see them tonight maybe. it's hard wi daylight savings gone gets darker so much quicker
default_sad.png
penny will probably come back after the royal Easter show (a big show in Sydney going for 2weeks starting on thursday)

I dnt have any pics of her might see if Cameron can take some for me... She is probably fat as he has heaps of grass at the moment lol

Quick question.... I noticed Finn had runny poop about 2weeks ago so I wormed them all... But he still has quite runny poop it isnt frquent or anything just when he does poop it isn't firm stools at all. I was wondering should I worm him again? With something different? Or could it be something else?

Thank you
default_smile.png

Loved the video of Finn and Kingston. They are so cute together.

My cheasapeake is 12 this yr too and its the first yr he has looked old

Thank you Karina
default_smile.png
I love Kingston he is such a speical dog =D

they are cute together lol its good because Finn has a playmate at the moment
default_smile.png

Kingston only goes in with them at night time and then back out in the big yard during the day
default_smile.png

I wouldn't worm Finn again Cassie - worming too often is not a good thing to do and can upset the balance in his tummy anyway. Just keep an eye on him for now, but with his past tummy troubles, I would rather he stayed a little on the loose side than too dry with his poos.

Thanks for the news about Penny bet you cant wait to have her home again! I cant believe Kingston is 12, he really looks a lot younger.
default_yes.gif

Ok thanks Anna I feel the same way... N it's not constant just when he poos it's very sloppy... Dad wanted to know if I was going to do something but I dnt really want him to firm up to much n have colic again so I guess I'll just keep washing his bum every day lol n keeping an eye on him... I was thinking it could be because I had started changing their feed over but I'm pretty sure it was happening before I started... So I dnt know what's caused it...

Oh yeah Kingston is the man!! =D he Is such a character and does not act his age at all
default_smile.png
he was very fat for a while but since we have changed his feed and dropped the weight he is doing so well
default_smile.png
love my king ;) thanks anna

Was just going to ask the same question myself - come on Cassie, we need news of our fav littlle man.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back