Classic K Miniatures thread. pics and updates on my mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I think Suzie is on heat... and Penny is trying to mount her again!
default_thud.gif
she sure is acting like a mare in foal! gosh penny!

here are some pics...

tummy pic p1.jpg you can see her edema from this pic... you couldnt before...

behind shot p3.jpg

hooha shot with comparison from january.

January 005.JPG today p1.jpg

and another one from today, she didn't like me taking pics LOL p2.jpg

and edema pics... they aren't big like Odette's but they are hard, Im hoping you can see what I mean by the side ones, was really hard to catch them on camera p4.jpg p5.jpg

can you see it?

also she has a vein under her tummy... don't know if thats normal... Suzie was always to fluffy to see LOL

p2.jpg

so there you are updated photos... what do you all think? lol

Hooha seems to be doing some changes... Goodness Penny how long are you goning to keep us guessing?? Well I'm sorry but I must head to bed. I hate that I always feel like I'm giving up right about the time that Penny needs watching the most! Goodnight Miss Penny and safe foaling... HINT HINT HINT
default_whistling.gif

Penny is in for the night, she had two good rolls before she came in and has had mushy poops today...

I tested her milk just in case and it has come down to 6.8, not foaling time but getting there
default_smile.png
I felt movement again too
default_smile.png

I think I must have had something on my fingers last time when i tested for it to be so wrong, i only tested once that time and the test was on my finger for quite a while. Tonight I put the milk straight on to the testing strip didn't touch it and it was 6.8. I did it a few more times to check and it was a definite 6.8!!! :D

I checked her behind and she is a fair bit pinker inside then she was at lunch time... nothing dead red or anything, but pinker then the pale pink she is usually...

I have to take Jonny to soccer training tonight... I don't think she will do anything though, I am 20 minutes away in case, but I can get Sandy from across the road if she does (not that she will of course LOL)

I know some of you still think she isn't pregnant lol heck I'm still not sure if the movements I feel are just tummy movements or foal movements... but everything else leads to a pregnant mare... I just prefer to be safe then sorry, I would rather have done everything possible and seen her foal/ or not foal then to have her out in the paddock maybe with Smartie and have her lose the foal or maybe lose her aswell... you are all welcome to your own opinions, but she is my mare and I will do what I feel is right at the time, I hope that is ok LOL

Love you all so much! will check on her when I get home before heading to bed
default_smile.png

Morning/ Night everyone hope you have a lovely day!

Thanks Jackie, and no your fine! I can't believe you stay up this late/ early as it is!!! I applaud you LOL well actually maybe your just crazy LOL but hey aren't we all :D sweet dreams Jackie!

I am sorry, would everyone here hate me if I said...I just don't see a pregnant mare...? I mean I guess stranger things can happen. Look how firm (muscle wise) her topline, croup, barrel is. She seems way too fit and tight to be a mare about to deliver...I have seen lots of mares with very puffy udders, infront etc that were not prego...are you sure it is edema and not just "her"? To me her first bum pic looks like a very shy, mare holding TIGHT...a lot do this when you pull the tail aside, perhaps it looks looser now because she has gotten use to you peeking and doens't care as much...I don't know, I just don't see it. But she could be one of those lucky ones who just never really looks pregnant.
default_smile.png

Hey Cassie I agree behaviors of a prego mare....now lets see that foal soon
default_worshippy.gif
Thanks Liz, can you come over and tell that to Penny please?? I am sure she is loving this driving me mad business!!!
default_thud.gif

I am sorry, would everyone here hate me if I said...I just don't see a pregnant mare...? I mean I guess stranger things can happen. Look how firm (muscle wise) her topline, croup, barrel is. She seems way too fit and tight to be a mare about to deliver...I have seen lots of mares with very puffy udders, infront etc that were not prego...are you sure it is edema and not just "her"? To me her first bum pic looks like a very shy, mare holding TIGHT...a lot do this when you pull the tail aside, perhaps it looks looser now because she has gotten use to you peeking and doens't care as much...I don't know, I just don't see it. But she could be one of those lucky ones who just never really looks pregnant.
default_smile.png
Hi Liz,

as the girls have said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions
default_smile.png
and if you have read back at all you can see just how many doubts I have had with this mare!
default_frusty.gif

I just can't ignore the signs she is giving, I guess I would prefer to be over cautious rather then not cautious at all and have the risk of losing the possible foal and Penny... I hope thats ok..

even if she isn't pregnant I have been spending more time with her and she has settled down heaps and she has learnt to be stabled in at night time and has become so much more responsive to me...

What do you think of her change in behaviour and attitude? she has even been trying to mount Suzie my other mare... the milk test has dropped in PH I don't know why it would do that if she WASN'T pregnant... but WDIK lol

the next week or two will tell as she is 355 Days today and can't keep us waiting for ever... her prvious owner did say that she bags up real quick.. but its just so hard to know what to do.

she is still sitting at 6.8 this morning. I won't test again till tomorrow. or maybe the next day...

Lizzy, Penhy has been the "great debate" for the whole group! There are a couple of us who also don't think she's pregnant, but we're hopeful as Cassie wants a little baby so much. Then there are those who probably think "us" crazy because they believe she is in foal.

So no one will hate you at all here! We don't allow "bad attitudes" here at all. We are all friendly ladies (although SOME of us have our quirks -- and I must admit, I'm one that's a bit quirky!)

So, we are all waiting to see what will be! Cassie already has two AWESOME stallions picked out for her two mares if this is not to be this year. And we'll be watching then as well!!

Again, feel free to give opinions and details, as we're all here to learn -- no matter HOW old we are!!
Thank you Diane
default_smile.png

everyone has their quirks LOL Thank you for sticking by me through this, I know that you are one of the ones who think maybe not for Penny and thats fine I just love the fact that you are all here supporting me through this through it all.

So Thank you!!!

and Penny I am really hopeful you have a little baby in that tummy!!
default_please.gif
I would love to see what you will produce!!
default_thumbup.gif

Penny has been doing heaps of butt rubbing this morning... seen her twice already! she hardly ever does any butt rubbing... I have just sent an email to Foal time to ask them about the whole dropping in PH thing, will let you know when I hear back... I will be very interested to see what they say. I keep checking my emails to see if they have replied LOL

I just thought I would let you know that I got a reply back from the Foal time people.

"355 days, wow... Make sure you are watching all of her pre-foaling signs including the milk change. Look also at the color of the fluid and how syrupy it is. The udder fluid usually gets less clear and thicker at the end of the pregnancy, To answer your other question, I have had non-pregnant mares have milk test readings of 6.8 before. It is usually when they are in heat. Keep me posted on how this goes.

Karen

"

lol so we still don't know anything LOL I was thinking of seeing if she would respond at all to Smartie if I walked him in near her to see if she is on heat... what do you think? I have heard that having a gelding near them can make them show the signs of being on heat...?

Well they weren't very helpful were they Cassie LOL!!

As you have had Penny sharing a fence line with Smartie for the past month or thereabouts, plus she used to live with him, I really think that she would have shown in season before now if she wa going to???

I have just read on the main forum that it was Dan's maiden mare who went 372 days from a hand covering - so our Penny has a while to go yet! LOL!!

Just throwing out hopes and still keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you.
default_yes.gif

Penny,

This message is for you.

Where does one begin?

Penny, you are making your mum CRAZY! Your desire to be the one in control, the one who holds all the cards...well...it's just really starting to seem a bit self-serving. Did you not read the book???? Ok, obviously you didn't. You can read, can't you? Nevermind. See, basically, it's like this. You either need to get the lead out (in this case, the baby) or you need to start acting like a non-pregnant mare so we can start planning your "real" pregnancy. You have lots of aunties that worried about your mum's lost sleep.

So, Penny my dear, here is the plan. You either get busy real quick like, or no more treats for you! Period.

Sincerely,

Auntie Parmela

PS: If you are hiding a baby in there, can you make sure you have it when I'm watching? Thanks!

Ok Cassie yes this is a hairy topic but alot of Pennys signs could be explained by being prego or by hormonal spikes-now in saying that, dont know why the spike is it heat, prego, or something else going on...IDK but either way she should be watched and if asking my opinion Im not the greatest on wait and see...I cant, I have no patience for that, I would have a vet look at her...I dont know your situtation on this but something is going on and maybe a vet can shed some light. I know this must be killing you because its killing me and Penny`s not even mine :arg! now in saying that I will say Ive watched Penny in pasture and from a distance if I knew nothing about her I would say prego...I have had several prego mares (carrying colts) mount other mares in heat, but My gut and heart says prego, but my mind is not so sure and only due to the time frame can it be poss? yes but everyday that passes the poss gets lower and lower which Im sure you know so for now Im saying prego and hopingPenny gives us a definite sign or Penny visits the vet
default_488.gif
but just know that I will be watching her closely and if I see anything to add to this topic Ill add it.......you do know how lucky Penny is to have a owner like you cassie right? Some people would just turn a blind eye to this and leave up to faith.....

Latest posts

Back