Class List for a brand new show in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please choose up to 4 classes

• Amateur Driving Classes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gentleman Driving Classes

• Golden Age Driving

• Ladies Driving Classes

• Produce of Dam

• Get of Sire

• Costume

• Versatility

• Lead line

• Park harness

• Total voters

S Bar P

Reaction score
The show committee is working on our class list for the new AMHR All American Miniature Horse Show being held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on June 20-21, 2009. Once the required classes are in place we feel we have some room and want to pick the classes that most people would like to see in a horse show. Our facilty is awesome! All stalls are accessible to the indoor arena without going outside. We are looking for suggestions to choose a great class list. Thanks for your help!

I would like to see it be both an AMHR and an AMHA show like the rest of us do in Minnesota and South Dakota.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for those that will bring the most entries I would suggest the ammy driving classes, ladies and gentlemens classes as well as costume and versatility

IMO the choice of judges is what really brings in the people. Get the best judges you can. I know you have one of the finest right in your state - Roger Eitel. He is THE best for youth!! Plus moves the show along - doesn't dawdle. Knows what he likes and places it.

WE loved having Roger in Michigan, and was very sorry to see him go!

I would just like to say that this is a new club and I am pretty sure they are trying to keep it as simple as possible for their first show and I am pretty sure it is just going to be AMHR. I would like to add however that most shows have most of the options for classes listed except for the produce of dam and get of sire. We have tried to find shows with those classes and there are very few so it would be nice to add a class that isn't as common to other shows. Also, if we will have the mare and foal class the produce classes will be more likely to be filled if someone is bringing a foal anyways they might as well grab one extra horse
default_smile.png

We also like to see the chariot classes - single & team

Thank you for your suggestions. We are working hard to have a great show. We recently sent emails out asking for judge suggestions from competitors in our area. This will be a 4 judge show. We are waiting for our contracts to be returned before we announce our judges. We are going to have an AMHR show with miniatures only for our first show. Secondly we have a super facility. Last but not least we are carefully picking our optional classes, so we appreciate your input. We have planned draft harness, country western pleasure, hunter and jumper along with the full lineup of required classes including some heighth breakdowns so far. We don't want to run classes real late into the night so we are cautious about our choices. Again, keep your suggestions coming and we will bring them to the board for full discussion.
default_saludando.gif

Ohhhhh, Driving Classes for old women, woo hooooooooooooo. I hear the facilities there are great. Air conditioned, how nice when you have the adrenalin pumping and frizzing your hair.

I am fond of performance classes, jumping, obstacle, driving.

I personally think it is fabulous having a mini horse show in Cedar Rapids, not very far from Illinois, Missouri, Wisconson.

OK here is one that you may not have thought of. Musical chairs..yes I realize it's not a point class but our club decided to try it this year and my goodness I don't think i've ever laughed so hard during a class. It was an absolute hoot and everyone enjoyed it..it was also a fun class to watch.

l think the speed stakes and barrel races are also a fun class and if offered while the minis are in harness anyway should interest people who like to drive and test there skills...

The show committee is working on our class list for the new AMHR All American Miniature Horse Show being held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on June 20-21, 2009. Once the required classes are in place we feel we have some room and want to pick the classes that most people would like to see in a horse show. Our facilty is awesome! All stalls are accessible to the indoor arena without going outside. We are looking for suggestions to choose a great class list. Thanks for your help!

Looking forward to spring and horse shows. Hope there will be the usual halter classes for A's and B's, driving classes, jumping classes and amateur classes as well.

halterlady

suggestions- flat fees, flat fees, flat fees. I was ready to go to the Florida shows, but as soon as I got the premium book, it was $40 a class, so for me that is 16 classes, times 4 horses, which equals $2560 in entry fees, and I am only an amateur trying to show the open/ amateur all around classes, I cannot afford that and wonder how many can??, so your guess is right- I am skipping the Florida shows!!!!

Latest posts

Back