Cider Pressing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayne

Reaction score
Hi!

My husband and I, along with some other people, squished a whole bunch of apples and made cider yesterday. I took a ton of pictures and wrote about it on my blog if you are interested in seeing the process and the outcome! You can find it all on my blog:

Jayne's blog of cider pressing!

Fall is my all-time favorite season and this just added to the fun!

Jayne

Jayne, sounds like a great day, and very productive too!!

Yum the cider sounds so good! I love fall too!

Missy

WOW, some one else has a cider press. That one looks just like my Dad's. We dig it out every year to make cider. A lot of work but a lot of fun.

You made a lot. Just remember it will not last long. It will ferment very fast even if refrigerated.

That's very cool Jayne, and it sounds like a lot of fun. Not to mention some good, fresh juice!

Every year, the Cedar Creek Grist Mill near Woodland, WA converts the circa 1876 water powered mill to an apple cider press!

They are doing this on October 25th this year. Here's a link:

http://www.cedarcreekgristmill.com/apple_pressing.htm

If I am working that day in Battle Ground, I will have to stop by and check it out. Maybe make a YouTube video of it too!

Daryl

PS. Can you make some sort of killer apple- moonshine with it after it ferments?
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

Yum, apple cider. Sounds like a great day, I just love fall
default_wub.png

Thanks guys! It was such a good time and a great memory to add to my fall remembrances.

Daryl, I sure wish we were by Woodland! That would be neat to participate in. I hope you can make it.

Enjoy your fall everyone!

Jayne

Latest posts

Back