Chronic Pain and the Cool Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
Anyone know (AMHR) if Chronic Pain Syndrome (ankle, not able to walk well or without crutches) would qualify one to show in the COOL classes? I am not sure if or when I will be off crutches. I know I could drive alright; but halter or hand classes are probably going to be a problem. I have not been able to be around my minis since October (started in July), except to hobble to the fence and pet them (and forget even that with the snow/ice now). I am just trying to look ahead for this next summer.

Absolutely! And I don't believe they are allowed to ask you what specifically brings you to the class so if you feel more comfortable showing in it, then definitely try it out and you don't need to elaborate on the why. Get out there and have fun!

There should be a list in the rulebook of what is allowable for Cool classes.

I will check the rulebook. Should have thought of that first (brain burp!). I kind of want to see how I am doing this spring, around April/May and see if they can get me off the crutches and how I am moving. If I am in doubt; I guess I can always call the registry too and ask the rules dept. I just thought some of you might know-maybe even from personal experience. Thank you.

Legally, they really can not ask so while they may have guidelines to help you decide, it ultimately is going to be your choice. Anything that pries into your medical history (and present!) is off limits. Judging which disabilities qualify someone for the classes is each individual's perspective anyway, so use your own judgement and what you feel comfortable with.

Latest posts

Back