Christmas Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dkminis

Reaction score
Hi

Our club is attending a local Christmas Parade, the last of Nov. Need ideas. How do you use a Christmas tree skirt on a mini? Also one time I remember seeing Christmas ( like table runners) across there back. how to get them to say. Any quick & easy ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fay

Last edited by a moderator:
I drape the tree skirt over the back and rump and tie it under the horse's neck. For the table runners I'd sew or safety pin some satin ribbon to it and again, tie under the neck. If your horse accepts a surcingle or is old enough to drive you can tie it to the harness saddle and backstrap.

Put scrunchies with jinglebells around their legs, table runners over their backs and antlers on their heads and they'll be adorable.

Leia

If you intend to put bells on a horse BE SURE to practice at home a few times before the event!

Where can you buy either a mini horse size Santa hat or antlers?

Thank you.

Where can you buy either a mini horse size Santa hat or antlers?
Thank you.

Try dog costumes in large dog sizes.
default_saludando.gif

heres one place

http://www.costumecraze.com/DOG91.html

I have used the tree skirt in the same way Leia suggested. I have also just put them around the neck depending on the size. I have added big red bows attached w/safety pins if I want it to hang alittle more. The table runners I have not tried but Im sure they would be great and I bet you can find some really festive ones. The dog or people antlers work fine if you take tape and just attach them tp the halters.

KayJay sells some real inexpensive red blankets or sheets that I have, just w/pins, attached long, I think they are called swags of Christmas greenery. Joanne fabrics sells all different ones ( plastic or faux ) greens w/pointsettes, bows, bells all sorts of things. I just take them and pin them to the edge of the blanket. Cheap Christmas socks w/the foot cut off make cute horsey leggings.

Dollar store has some real neat clear plastic snowflakes..they are real light ( not heavy )...Im looking for a powder blue blanket to attach them too for SilverBelle. I think I will end up just making the blue blanket out of some satin type fabric....as long as I can use the glue gun!!

Go to you nearest dollar store.....they have all their Xmas stuff up and you can get lots of neat idea.

Have fun and take pictures

YES!! Practice with the bells !!

Heidi

Thank you Heidi and Horse Feathers.

I will try both places for them.

I use zip ties to attach most things. They hold securely. Just remember to take along a tool to snip them. Reindeer antlers on miniature horses are crowd pleasers!

I use pipe cleaners to attach bells. I made a piece of fabric to go around their legs with velcro, then attached the bells with pipe cleaners. I tried other attachments, and lost lots of bells! I also have a strip of sleigh bells, and zip tie them to the breast collar of the harness. Nothing says Christmas like jingle bells!

I used twist ties to put the antlers on the halter. You will have to twist tie it at the top and bottom of the antlers in order for them to stay upright. I also stitched some candle rings of greenery to the corners of the blankets that I made. I put the blankets that I made over their regular blankets and attached them with safety pins.

To get them used to the bells, I just hung a string of them in the barn. All the horses freaked the first time they heard them but then they started playing with them and now they don't even notice.

You can attach bows to their manes and tails with twist ties too and they are really easy to remove.

I used the little bows for packages in their manes and a big bow on their tails.

I got them some shoes from Build a Bear and we were ready to go.

HI

Thanks for all the tips. I will take some photos. I decorated a red & green tree skirt yesterday. Kept running back & forth to the barn, trying it on my horse.

So much fun.

Thanks again

Fay

Latest posts

Back