Chiropractor today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My two had an appt with the chiropractor today. I had two concerns: my gelding on Adequan, and my new horse that had the cart adventure.

The Adequan horse had some issues, mainly because of a gait change since he has been on the Adequan. He has been having trouble getting out of the trailer and I thought it was the arthritis, but it was because his pelvis was locked up, due to a gait change. When we got home after the treatment, he stepped out of the trailer without any trouble! She was pleased with his stifles and his legs. We will continue with monthly maintenance injections.

My new horse had lots of issues, probably all related to our adventure.

I also asked her to look at my hand, which has given me trouble since that day. I had been to the dr about it and he wanted to give me a cortizone pack, which I refused. The chiro told me it was jammed. She manipulated the hand then pulled--ouch!!!! I think when I hurt it, I was functioning on adrenalin and did not notice that I jammed it.

So, we are all good to go back into harness work!

Also, she has a barrel horse that is scared of cows. She said the only thing she can think of is to put him in with cows for a while so he can get used to them. I seriously need to pursue this; no way can I drive around my area without seeing cows. We need to deal with it.

default_wub.png
Does your Chirpractor have a traveling business? LOL!!!!

Good for you. Glad that you got things "sorted" and look forward to hearing more about your adventures again now.

I've never had an issue with cows, but I guess since we raise beef cattle, my minis see them from the time they are born or step off the trailer, so it's mostly been a non-issue. They aren't in the same pasture/paddock, but are right next to each other. [My geldings share a fence line with the bulls all winter. My mares share a fenceline with the heifers in winter and they can all see the calves at calving time.]

I've never had an issue with cows, but I guess since we raise beef cattle, my minis see them from the time they are born or step off the trailer, so it's mostly been a non-issue. They aren't in the same pasture/paddock, but are right next to each other. [My geldings share a fence line with the bulls all winter. My mares share a fenceline with the heifers in winter and they can all see the calves at calving time.]
Wish I could bring Ranger to your place for a little while. The cattle business is so serious here, a livelihood, I can't really ask any of my neighbors if Ranger can come over and play for a few days...

Wish I could bring Ranger to your place for a little while. The cattle business is so serious here, a livelihood, I can't really ask any of my neighbors if Ranger can come over and play for a few days...
Well, maybe not to leave him, but maybe someone would let you bring him for a short visit on a lead, so he could get all the sights, sounds and smells of cows in one sensory overloading visit. It would be a start.

I am glad that the chiro got you both back into shape. Perhaps there are some fair or agricultural events in your area that you could visit and try to find someone with cows who would be willing to set up a "play date". Horse people ask me all of the time if they can acclimate their horses to cows. As long as they have all of their vet work utd and sign a release form, I try to help out. Good luck

Latest posts

Back