Chihuahua Attacked

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret Hills Ranch

Reaction score
While I was down working at the ranch yesterday October 4th, my little chihuahua Brinkley was attacked and killed by a neighbors dog.

brinkley.jpg

Brinkley just turned 2 years old 3 weeks ago. One of our construction workers accidently left the gate open.
no.gif
Brinkley is the type of dog, he didn't realize he was barely 10 inches tall and he wasn't afriad of anything. He wandered up to the neighbors yard and saw they were working in their garage. He was trying to go up and be friendly and meet them when their dog jumped over their fence and pounced on Brinkley. Our neighbors got him off before he bit or did anything to Brinkley but the damage had already been done. He crushed something inside Brinkley and he began bleeding from his mouth. They immediately leapt in their truck and took him to the hospital, but he passed away before they made it there.

Brinkley left behind his best friend in the world, Tyler.

ty6mos_05.jpg

Tyler has been absolutely distraught as he cannot find his friend. They have been together since Tyler was 5 weeks old. Brinkley was like a father to him in a way. After Tyler being frantic and horribly upset all night my boyfriend and I made the decision to get a new dog this morning. We are very pleased to add Noah to our family and are happy to report Tyler is on his way to recovering as are we. But gosh, what a horrible day. You really don't realize just how much you love something or need something in your life until it is gone.
crybaby.gif

Our new little Noah pictured below:

Image021.jpg

Rest in peace our beloved Brinkley
sad.gif

So sorry to hear about Brinkley. He was really a pretty dog. At least your neighbors cared enough to try to get him help.

Now about Noah... What a precious puppy! Is he a Sibe? or is he a Mal? I can't tell from the pictures as I am not sure if his sleeping is effecting his ear position. He almost looks like a Mal. Anyway, I just love Sibes and my best buddy is one.

How old is Noah and what color are his eyes? How much does he weigh? Can't wait to see more pictures of the bouncing boy as he grows!
yes.gif

Glad that your family is starting to return to normal. Puppy breath does a lot to help get one over a loss like you had
yes.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a little dog too that thinks she's a big dog....what is with that? Looks like you went for a bigger breed with your new puppy...what a cutie. Good luck with Noah and again, I'm so sorry about Brinkley.

How heartbreaking. I have a chihuahua who would take on the world for his momma and that has always been a fear for me. Hope all works out with your new pup.

Awww, so sorry to hear about your wee one! Had one get her neck broke before and it sounds similar to yours.

Fran

How very sad for you. I hope the new pup will cheer every one, very cute!

I'm so sorry
sad.gif
Your pictures are precious. Noah will lighten things for you all
smile.gif
We have a husky and they're a whole 'nother breed of dog LOL - challenging but loyal once they mature.

When I was a kid we lost our chiuaua by a neighbors dog too. Sadly our dog was in the frong yard and the neighbors wolf hybrid came running across the street, chasing him unto the front porch where he killed him in front of my sister. My sister has hated dogs ever since.
sad.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss. On Aug. 8th, my beloved Great Dane, Duke, passed away. He was 8 years old and he had congestive heart failure and had been on heart medication and Lasix for 5 months. We knew it was coming but it didn't make it any easier. You lost your baby so tragically and suddenly.... I'm terribly sorry for your loss and glad to hear that your other little boy is feeling better with Noah around. Again, I'm sorry for your loss... I know how very painful it is.
no.gif

crybaby.gif
I'm sooooooo sorry for you and your boyfriend and your poor Tyler. I also feel bad for the family whose dog attacked him. I'm sure they feel terribly guilty and they were so kind as to seek immeidate vet care for him. I know a LOT of people wouldn't have done that.

(((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you and may Noah help ease that void created by the loss of Brinkley.

I am so very sorry to hear about the death of your dog!

{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

JJ

I'm very sorry about your poor little dog. I hope your new puppy makes it a little easier.

I am so sorry for your loss.....I hope your hearts heal with that new little baby bouncing around.

So sorry about Brinkley - it's funny how the little dogs always think they are 10ft tall instead of 10 inches...they have big hearts too! So sad
no.gif
((hugs))

Your new puppy is adorable!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back