Chicken Soup for the Horse Lovers Soul

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
My sister gave me a book and there were some cute quotes on the cover.

I have added one to my signature line in my personal e-mail.

You know you're a horse lover when.....

1. you win a snazzy sports car and you trade it for a pick up

2.your paycheck barely covers your food bill but your horses eat premium food

3.all the other girls are designing their dream home and you are designing your dream barn

4.your spend more time in your riding clothes than the rest of your wardrobe

5.you call the vet when a horse looks cross eyed but a family member needs to be on their death bed before you take them to the doctor

5.your barn is cleaner than your house (this is me)

6.you can braid your horse's tail better than your daughter's hair

7.you cringe at paying 5.00 for lunch but don't blink at 20.00 to 30.00 for a riding lesson

8.you can't eat a carrot or an apple without feeling guilty about not sharing with your horse

9. your significant other says "it's me or the horses" and you hesitate....(this is the one I used)

10.you'll pay more to board your horse than you would for a hotel room

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely LOVE that book--- brings so many smiles and tears. There are some great stories in there.

I know ther was a short story in one of the soup books, my mother came across it and shared it with me. Brought some tears to my eyes ( about a man and his racking horse).

Love the quote about the vet v/s doctors for family members. I can't tell you the last time I was to a doctors office. If i am demobilized with the flu, maybe, just maybe I may skip the stalls that day! My kids go to the doctor when needed, but I just seem to muttle through things when it comes to myself.

Back