Cher.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alongman

Reaction score
So I'm a HUGE fan of Cher! I'm pretty sure that each of my horses is becoming a fan as well (kinda funny, they are worked to Cher music and now stop when the music is getting ready to end....lol). So, I decided to include some fun facts about this icon to many cultures - feel free to add more. Or, if you get bored at the National show, swing by my stalls and sing along.....

1) Birthday - May 20, 1946

2) "Real" name - Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPierre

3) Diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of 30

4) Beat out Céline Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" for the best selling single of 1998 with "Believe"

5) Wears size 8 shoes

6) Is the only certified female performer in music history to have had a U.S #1 single in the 1960s 1970s 1980s and 1990s

7) 2002-2005 series of concerts was listed by The Guinness Book of World Records (2007) as the top grossing tour by a female performer

8) Sang the National Anthem for Superbowl XXXIII in 1999

9) Cher wore braces as an adult

10) Didn't speak to her daughter Chastity for a week after finding out that she was a lesbian. After she 'cooled off' she not only embraced Chastity's lifestyle, but has become one of GLAAD's biggest supporters

"I was a bit shocked when Chastity came to me and revealed that her preference in a romantic relationship was for women. Then as I processed...I began to see that it was all right there in front of me, I am very proud of my daughter, and all of her choices." - Cher

I really didn't know much about Cher

before reading your list

but I am a very big fan of

everything I've seen her do

way back since the Sonny and Cher show

She is truely talanted

and I join you as being a big fan

While I am not a Cher fan, I admire her.

I admire her more for knowing how she is supporting her daughter. I was sad when I saw that she was angry, and wouldn't speak to her, knowing how that must have hurt Chastity deeply. I'm glad she's handling it well, and as I said, I admire her even more for growing through this.

61, wow, she is superwoman! She looks and sounds and does amazing!

Liz

I've liked some of her music -- all through her years of performing -- but never been a major fan.

Your post makes me respect her for her strength and her beliefs, many I didn't know about. Thank you for sharing that.

MA

default_wub.png
: :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: I watched a biography on her one night and she just an amazing woman. I truly admire her strength as a woman. I was supposed to go to the 1st of her "farewell" tours, but the person with the tickets and I were not getting along when the concert came around, so....
default_sad.png

Well Linda, you and I both need to find ourselves what seems like the longest goodbye and see her in concert!!!

Sonny and Cher were our idles in the 60's, we even named our daughter, born in 1969, Chastity, after their daughter. We thought we we soooooo Cool! But we like it and she loves her name too. I still love Cher and listen to her CDs as I cruise along in my converitble, turned way up when Nates not with me, Love Her!

Edited to add, the two little girls in my avatar are Chastity's daughters, named Chloe and Macy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonny and Cher were our idles in the 60's, we even named our daughter, born in 1969, Chastity, after their daughter. We thought we we soooooo Cool! But we like it and she loves her name too. I still love Cher and listen to her CDs as I cruise along in my converitble, turned way up when Nates not with me, Love Her!

Edited to add, the two little girls in my avatar are Chastity's daughters, named Chloe and Macy.

Marnie you are still coooool. :aktion033: :aktion033:

I like her, my friend went to a concert of hers once.

10) Didn't speak to her daughter Chastity for a week after finding out that she was a lesbian. After she 'cooled off' she not only embraced Chastity's lifestyle, but has become one of GLAAD's biggest supporters
Thats really great. My mom didnt speak to me or even look at me(and we live in the same house) for 2 months after she found out I was gay. She still doesnt accept me but at least she talks to me now.

i dont' like ALL of cher's "work" but a lot of it i do. Admit it adam.. you just like her because of the video where she was on the Navy ship half naked
default_wacko.png
:

oh my i used to BELT out her songs as a kid... i have always liked her. didn't know some of that stuff, thanks Adam, very interesting!! and if memory serves, it was Cher that used to swivel her hips and then BUMP into someone or something... well that's how i STILL shut things when my hands are full LOL

i dont' like ALL of cher's "work" but a lot of it i do. Admit it adam.. you just like her because of the video where she was on the Navy ship half naked
default_wacko.png
:
Um, most likely not Adam, but maybe I would, if I'd seen it....LOL!!! :bgrin
default_wink.png
:

Well Linda, you and I both need to find ourselves what seems like the longest goodbye and see her in concert!!!

You bet!!! :aktion033: :bgrin

I think you probably got that right Linda LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love her music!

I have a funny S&C story LOL

I "adopted" a couple in TN when I was in college and they were 75-80 in 1983...They owned an awesome antique piece of furniture (an instrument that had the glasses you fill with water then run your fingers over top to make the sound) Well their oldest son knew them (might have been their lawyer at one time I can't recall) and S&C offered the G's over $10K for this in the 70's and they wouldn't take it - it was in his family for generations and he wanted it to stay there. Sonny even called them again years later to ask again LOL I surely hope that one of their children or grand children got it when they passed!

Latest posts

Back