Champagne miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanessa

Reaction score
Hi, here in Europe there is only one bloodline of champagne miniatures, and I don't have the idea it is going the right way how this line develops here. I was wondering how this type of color is in other parts of the world? Are they miniature horses in the champagne color that are able to go into the showring? Do they have the right comformation and are they correct? Who has some beautiful champagne horses? I really want this color but I also want to show with my horses so I don't want a fat looking pony.
default_wink.png
Please show them too me, thanks.

You need to talk to Susan Oberg. She has some beautiful champagnes, and is very knowledgeable about the genetics. Hopefully she'll see this is and be able to answer your questions.

Yes, there are several breeders here who have some gorgoeus champagnes, so keep checking back. They'll be here eventually.

Thanks Melba for your vote of support.
default_smile.png

Vanessa, I do not show much myself so I am not really sure if many champagnes are being shown or not.

Also all of my champagnes at this point are related, so are of a certain bloodline. They go back to Dell Terra's Hippy.

But I have to admit I personally prefer miniatures that show more substance than some of the super fine boned ones in the show ring today. Not saying they are not beautiful, just sharing my own personal taste.

I think some of the ones that I know of who went to Europe were Owsley Forks bloodline and I personally always liked the ones I saw pictures of from that bloodline also.

As to fat looking ponies, I believe that knowing how to fit a horse for the show ring makes a world of difference in whether or not they appear fat little ponies or show horses.

Vanessa, l hope some of the other champagne breeders will contact you and tell you if they have show horses and which lines they think are the most like what you are looking for.
default_smile.png

I tend to enjoy my little horses more as pets and sharing them with people like in our parade today, and like our visits to the nursing home and visits to our farm by senior daycares and others who love to come visit them. So I am probably not the best to answer your question.

I do think there are plenty of correct conformation champagnes out there, just not sure if they are exactly what the trend is for the show ring of today. But keep looking! I think mine are beautiful, but I fully admit I have some barn blindness and also that I personally love correct little minis that are not what might be winning in the show ring of today.

Susan O.

Reactions: Tab
From what I have found with the champagnes, the larger ones tend to be AMHR only which isn't helpful over in Europe. There are quite a few ch breeders in a champagne mini group on Facebook.

I personally have two smaller ch studs and have some pretty nice mares, 32" and 31.5" that I will be breeding them to next year for 2015 foals. What will hit the ground??? Don't know yet. I feel they were be awesome, but I also spend all day out with my herd I do know Rena Arrow has some beauties. She is on Facebook also.

PS, my best little stallion is one of Susan O's. Hoping we can get the dun gene added to the ch gene. Both stud and mare are correct and AMHA/AMHR.

Check out Rena. Also Sandii has some really nice ones too.

I don't drive anymore, before I found my champagnes I had bought myself two driving horses, geldings. But I had a accident with one of them and I decided never to drive again after that. And to aim for my another dream, breeding beautiful champagne mini's. Strange you have problems with my website, www.stallaureas.com

I love my AMHR Amber champagne..can't imagine have lots of them.

Yours are beautiful!

Attachments

• IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230622_120556.jpg
    20230622_120556.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I had this girl for a time, she was 34" and I hoped to show her and train her for cart, but she just was very "hot" and I finally sold her her back to the original owner. She was then resold again and don't know where she went. The lady also owned her mother and there was a champagne colt out of the mother that I sold. He was a sweetie, but not the most conformationally correct. She was AMHA eligible, but was registered with the AMHR.IMG_7775.jpegIMG_3693.jpeg

Back