Champagne carriers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minis4ever

Reaction score
Hi,

the champagne dilutes are such beautiful colors in my opinion. I've never seen a champagne horse in person, but I've seen pictures and the colors are incredibly beautiful!! I was wondering if those of you who know a little more about this color could let me know the names of some sires who carry champagne. Is there champagne in any well known bloodline? I read somewhere that Double Destiny carries champagne, but never heard of it again, so I'm not sure if it's correct.

Thanks

I would suggest you go and read on this site: ICHR for some really good, solid information about champagne. You can even go look at the studbook and see the horse that are registered including pictures and what line they received the champagne from.

Double Destiny is not champagne. He is gorgeous none the less
default_smile.png

The champagne gene is a dominant gene so it can't be carried recessively.

It is one of the 4 dilute genes....... the others being silver, dun and cream.

In order to be champagne the horse has to express it and has to have at least one champagne parent.

You can click on this link and read all about champagne horses.

http://www.ichregistry.com

Also check out the studbook link on that site, and you will see all the champagne miniatures as you scan down it, that are registered and verified to be champagne. :)

Susan O.

Jayne, I must have been writing the same time as you were. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the links and information. I had been to the ICHR website a couple of months ago, just wondered if there are any more minis of well known bloodlines who carry champagne. I didn't know it was dominant. Thanks!!!
default_smile.png

If you can subscribe to the Miniature Showcase magazine or borrow the last two issues, the ICHR registrar is doing a series on the miniature champagnes including naming all the known identified bloodlines. The second in the series came out in the last issue, featuring the beautiful gold champagnes. Altho the ICHR site is awesome, the stud book and registations are 6-9 months behind at this time, so many minis are missing but will be added soon. Our champagne program incorporates the beautiful shades into pedigrees of the more modern lines, as well as good foundations lines..a pretty, correct horse is our priority, champagne is the icing on the cake :aktion033:

Mary at Platinum Stables in Az has a couple of champagnes ( one thats potentially homozygous for ch) that are EK breeding..very pretty girls.

Jeannie Smiley of Bethel Minis & tack in Ky has quite of variety of bloodlines as well.

Marilyn Farley of Az just sent me some gorgeous pics of a sable colt and a gold colt, for sale too, happy to scan them and email them if you like..well maybe not the sable guy, I'm sort of smitten by him LOLOL

Our yearling girls new pics should be up on our website soon, a gold pinto and an amber silver thats very cool looking. We have a gold cream in the barn now to foal out, bred to our multi National Champion Britt Helms Grande Sensation, a Spunky MS son, keeping fingers crossed for a colt out of that cross!

Feel free to email if you want pictures of all the lines and their offspring~details, we have hundreds of pics of all of them in alll shades
default_smile.png

Back