Chablis and Rosie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
What a sly old fox
biggrin.gif
birthday.gif
little one

Congratulations Carin, he is adorable
cheeky-smiley-006.gif
cheers.gif

So far no problems. He's a little slow on the milk bar but that's typical for colts. He's already poo'd a little and Chablis has passed the placenta. I'd just like to see him really latch on good before I go back to bed.

Are you out there Carin - something has just really upset Chablis?? You dont have any 'stray' animals around your barn that should be there??

Sorry - Many CONGRATULATIONS!! He's cute and Chablis is a clever girl.
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

She's calmed down now - small boy has just laid down bless him! But she is still on edge and watching for something, not relaxed at all. Seems as if she's sniffing the air for something that is bothering her?

Is anyone else seeing this or is it my imagination?
default_unsure.png

Chablis is a really good mother and alert for everything. But we also have a really good barn dog that keeps animals out. If there was anything out there, Bo chased it off!
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
congrats
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
I go away for 5 mins and i miss everything....
default_no.gif
had a very busy day

he is beautiful ,,,you no were gunna wont pictures lots of pictures
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Pics when he unfolds. Everything checks out good this morning with mom and baby. They'll stay in today as his ligaments need to strengthen.

Rosie: no changes this morning but.....
default_rolleyes.gif

aktion033.gif
Congratulations!!!
aktion033.gif
He looks so handsome! Can't wait to see him close in pictures!

Rosie is quietly laying sternal right now. 10:40 am cam time. Little tail swishing. Not anything more.

Just been watching them for the last 10 minutes - he's a very good looking little boy, beautifully marked and certainly very fond of the milk bar!!

You are also correct when you say that Chablis is a good Mum - she's also very proud of her new baby, bless her.

It's lovely to simply watch them together.
default_yes.gif

I see Rosie is outside again today - perhaps that will remind her to follow Chablis' example and produce her baby for us tonight?????

Yes, Rosie is out behind the mare barn so Chablis doesn't get to upset. Chablis might be reacting to the dogs. Such a protective momma. Checked on Rosie a few minutes ago and she looked like she wasn't in any hurry to do anything.

He is such a sweet and curious little guy
wub.gif
Have you decided a name yet Carin? oh and I meant to ask you if you did the ring test on your mares? just curious as I have done it this year and it said 2 fillies but I don't know if I can get excited
laugh.gif

Oh and one last thing, thank goodness you don't have a pink dressing gown with teddies on like me
new_rofl.gif

No name yet. Would love suggestions. Leaning towards Happy Vino or maybe Hooligan Vino...or I don't know! I always have a hard time naming the colts.

Yes, I did the ring test and I was hoping for fillies. Still have one more chance to get it right.
default_rolleyes.gif

Had to wash my robe today. Got all kinds of "gunk" on it last night.
default_smileypuke.gif
Normally, if I had anticipated a birth, I would have worn more barn appropriate sleep ware!

He has such a warm nature so how about "Hooligan Vin Brule" aka viny

What did the ring test say?

with my dial up I can't view mare stare, so I'll just have to wait for pictures. Congratulations, and can't wait for my foal fix.

Rosie is standing quietly this afternoon... mum n baby must be out? or not on camera any more? I'm with you Riverrose, lol can't wait for some pics haven't seen him yet...
default_unsure.png
LOL

what are the parents names again Carin?

how is Rosie looking this arvo?

I'm at the office today so will be able to watch your gorgeous girl most of the night for you!!
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks for watching ladies! My computer's card reader is on strike so I can not upload any pics. Sorry! Sire is Happy Hooligan OK and dam is Chablis WAH.

I've turned it to Rosie 24/7 until her foal makes their appearance. Hopefully tonight!

She was turned out today but ended up bringing herself back in to stand in her stall after about an hour or 2. Tail has been active and as I type, she's been doing some belly kicks. She is pretty warm to the touch, but its also been in the low 70s today. Bag could be fuller, no change in colostrum, and vulva appears normal. Nothing is screaming "foal tonight"....but that was my attitude last night with Chablis.

Good news is we have a full moon, a weather change, and barometric pressure is falling.

Keep fingers crossed and maybe tomorrow I can show y'all TWO foals!

Latest posts

Back