CDE in Iowa this weekend June 22-24

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMR

Reaction score
Just a reminder for anyone in the Iowa area that wants to see what a CDE is all about. Skunk River CDE is happening this weekend June 22-24 in Ames, IA at 3G's farm. It is going to be a nice sized event with over 50 entries, training level through intermediate. There will be singles, pairs, tandems and even a 4 in hand. All sizes from VSE's to Drafts. The are having to move some of the training level drivers dressage and cones to Friday afternoon as there are too many entries for one day. Marathon will be on Sunday. It will be a nice event to see combined driving up close and see what its all about. They are also still looking for volunteers if anyone wants to get up close and have a great learning experience. Check this link for all the information. http://drivingnews.us/results/results2012/SkunkRiver/

Donna, are you going to be competing? Hope you'll share some photos w/ us if so...would LOVE to see your horses and of course, vehicles(wink!!) ;)

Margo

Pictures will be coming as soon as I get the CD's. It was a great weekend with 55 entries and 6 VSE's (2 in training level singles, 3 prelim singles and 1 prelim pair). Shay, my 6 yr old gelding won the VSE Prelim division and overall high point VSE . I got a wonderful rosette that is huge for the high point VSE. It is given by the AMHR and ADS and I believe is a new thing this year. It was really a nice suprise. John Greenall was the judge and gave him a 49.59 in dressage (which I was really happy with), we had 2 balls down in cones, and a great marathon run. He had the fastest times in two of the hazards over all the prelims including horses and ponies. So needless to say Shay got a few extra treats last night.

Lex (my 4 yr old) did not do so well, but was a great learning experience. It was his very first event and lets just say he went into "sensory overload
default_whistling.gif
" but we survived and didn't even get eliminated. It should be all uphill from here for him. Hickory Knoll in Wisconsin will be the next event for us July 21-22.

Latest posts

Back