cde/adt/continuous drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBH

Reaction score
Well, the trainer drove Lace last week at an adt and then I drove her yesterday for a continuous drive.....dressage, pace and cones....had a very good time and found out it is not all as intimidating as I thougth it would be. As Al B said you just have to get out there and do it. Everyone is very nice and helpful for the beginners. So now the plan is to drive, drive, drive adn be ready in April for the first event.

If any of you have any doubts give it a try!

Everyone is very nice and helpful for the beginners.
That is how most carriage drivers are!
biggrin.gif

Glad you had a good time.

Myrna

That is great! I am sure it was fun! We had one in our club thi year and we had a blast. I found out the my mini loves the cones!

Pictures Bobbi, we want pictures!!! I'm thrilled you are having so much fun with Lace.

Have you shared Lace's training with Carlene?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to upload some pics after some editing......she loves the cones......and no I have not told Carlene but will do that now.

Oh shoot I have to brag a little.....can't hold it back any longer...trainer got one first and 2 thirds with her.....first was cones and then when this last Sat. for the schooling continuous drive I was floored to get first.....beginners luck bit such fun.

I love the cones and she just took off in the pace and kept up a nice trot the whole way. We need to work on some bending for dressage and fine tuning things, there is so much to remember.

edited to add ---some pis on gallery if you want to see. I need to open account on pic service so this will have to do for time being......

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the pics! I think your trainer has done a great job with Lace...
default_aktion033.gif
And congrats to you!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

what type of cart are you using ? I see it has C springs and metal wheels ?

who is it from and how do you like the C springs ?

Thanks

Elizabeth

Elizabeth....it is an Alpine Easy Enrtry with the pneumatics replaced with wheels from Carriage Driving Essentials. Google Alpine Manufacturing they are in Alliance Ohio...thye will come right up. We had to modify and move seat forward to balance for me and two horses I drive. The pic is of the mini cart on a 33.5 inch mare.

C springs are a bit better than the coil.....my other cart is a Frontier EE and the same type of wheels and I can tell a bit of difference but not alot. Whe doing cross country/pace type stuff it is fine but then around here it is pretty flat and not real rough...let's say this in a cow pasture you get jostled but not as badly as with just the coil springs.

For the most part for the money and quality I have been happy with the Alpine......getting into this I think Safe equipment is needed and for the money I don't think you can lose much if you resell and driving interest goes a different direction i.e. breed ring v.s cde vs just pleasure driving. And this cart can cover it all. For the money you may be about the same if you look at other carts but I was being very conservative with spending going into this and drove the cart for about a year before replacing the wheels.....other carts are out there for about the same total cost but this fit for me at the time and still does.

Latest posts

Back