Cart Question--how wide is your dash?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
I ordered a Jerald all patent dash for my wood pleasure cart since it has the patent shaft covers and black gloss accents. The problem is that my cart (a Pequea that I adore!) is waaaay to wide for the dash. :eek: Dagnab it all! I thought that mini size was...well...standard. Duh! Anyone looking for a Jerald size dash or have a bigger one to trade? Anyway, this got me to thinking...how wide are the different brands of carts and in particular, their dashes?

-Amy

My cart is a basic pleasure cart made by Pequea Carriage Shop up in PA. I think he makes the ones sold by Nikki's Pony Express as well as Silver Penney. I don't have a pic loaded at the moment, but it is a wider cart.--a meadowbrook without the fenders. I didn't even think about the Jerald patent dash not fitting....uuug!

Yep, I hate to say it but they're all different! LOL. That's why your wheels get measured at CDE's- you'd be amazed what the range is on "mini sized carts."

Leia

Hi,

I live in Maryland and also got my meadowbrook cart from Pequea Carriage in PA. I love it. Rides very nice. I got the one that came with wooden wheels. I just recently purchased a Jerald show cart. My mare is a grey pinto and I wanted a cart that was black with pinstriping instead of the natural wood stain. When I compare the 2 carts, the meadowbrook is much wider. They both are to have 24" wheels, but the meadowbrook sets higher. I guess each manufacturer measures differently ( some include the rubber and some don't)? However, my Jerald doesnot have a dash. Would you consider selling yours? If so, does it have chrome rein rail? How much would you sell it for.

Thanks,

Linda

I am still feeling like such an idiot. I just didn't think about it. The Jeralds are narrow one-seater show carts and mine is a two seater....duh! It got me thinking and wanting to compare widths of the "standard" carts.

Latest posts

Back