Carmel's condition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
Seems that now that she's getting good nutrition and lots of fresh water she's not in such a rush to have this baby. Her udder is still there but not hot or full anymore, and her vulva has gone back to what I feel is her normal state. The baby is VERY active now compared to when she arrived when it took me quite awhile to even feel it move at all. Now I just sit in her stall and be amazed at the aerobics it is doing in there.

I've gotten verification that she was previously bred but has never actually foaled, so this is all new and strange to her (She just turned six years old). She was wormed back in March, so that is good. I've rewormed her yesterday just to make sure she doesn't pass anything on to her foal. She's now on some Mare and Foal grain, all the hay she can swallow and tons of water. And her salt lick is rapidly disappearing, so she is finding some missing stuff in that too. She looks almost vibrant now if you dont focus on her spine and vertebrae.

Looks like she is going to be fine and hopefully baby too. Thanks everyone for your interest and prayers, they worked wonders for this sweet little girl.

That's great news - thanks for updating us. I'm really hoping that all will be well now for Carmel and her baby.

Not sure if you have already said, but have you been able to find out whether Carmel is in foal to a mini or to the donkey stud that I think you said was out with her (I may have got muddled here LOL!!), also do you know the size of which ever she might be in foal to?

Anna

So happy to see this news!!! I'm praying for mama and baby!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Thats great news so delighted that she is doing well and if she has slowed down the birth then all the better for her and more of a chance for her to be ready when the baby does arrive.

Have everything crossed for you both and looking forward to more updates
default_smile.png

good luck with her! you HAVE to post pics of the baby when its born, ecpecially if it's a mini mule
wub.gif
yes.gif

As of this afternoon her milk is testing at 85% on the mother Natures test strips, so I'm on high alert, just in case. This is one foaling I am NOT going to miss. She was in the pasture with both a donkey and a mini horse stud, so it's 50:50 as to what I am going to get. All I ask for is alive and healthy.

amanda

Thank you for the update! Sound like it that you are close to foaling! Good luck!

She's holding in still. Her udder is doing the normal up and down thing that mares love to do to drive us crazy, but the nipples are pointing away from each other so that is good. Her vulva returned to near normal state. So I just wait and watch as I have NO idea when she was bred at all and she's maiden. Oh dear, this could go on a long long time. I've had her home for 5 days, 5 days of constant watching. A drop in the bucket compared to what it could be in the end. Carmels sunken in spots are filling in quite quickly, I think a lot of it might have been dehydration as she never stops drinking here and she LOVES her mineral/salt lick. She licked 1/2 of a small block in the 5 days. I'll keep you all posted on the big event.

Milk is still testing at 85% on the strips (when I can get enough to test).

Hows the mare stare?? its been two days we need updates
closedeyes.gif
pray.gif
ohnoes.jpg
gaah.gif
impatient.jpg

Carla and Spike who says *mares shmares...is she birthing yet?????*

Any update??? Hope all is well.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back