Can I see your Pomeranians?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
I think I have a new favorite dog. In animal science yesterday there was a pomeranian b.itch whom I had to groom. She was the sweetest, most adorable thing ever and you could just scoop her up and hold her with one hand. Of course her name was Princess!

I was wondering if I could see some pictures of your poms?

This is my wonderful pom, Crickett. I got her when she was six months old and she died last March at almost 9 years old. I sure miss her and have a memorial page for her on my website.

karen006003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Crickett was beautiful! May she rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is our Muffin. She is a year and a half old. Very sweet! Loves my daughter to pieces!

MuffinFeb2005.jpg

Poms are cute, like all "Toys."
default_smile.png
Just be careful of where you get one from if anyone out there does decide that this is the breed for you. Health testing is so important for ANY breed. I've groomed many Poms over the years and have seen luxating patellas, bad cataracts and bad dentition in young dogs, as well as severe thyroid problems. You'll also want to seriously consider if you'll be willing to take care of that plush coat IN FULL for life. Clipping a Pom's coat can and often does ruin it for life. Like many I never believed it until I saw it time and time again...

Crickett did have surgery on both knees, but as for her coat, this picture was taken in 2004 and her coat was shaved down every year. She seemed to get more coat after every clipping, but I did it for the summer, just once a year. She was my best buddy, Tate had some very special little shoes to fill.

Well I got a new camera this evening and you can bet I will be taking new pictures of my Poms tomorrow and I'll post a couple then.

I never thought I would like Poms but after taking care of one for a while I fell in love with the breed.

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Here is a pic of my daughters Pom. We just love this guy to death.

He is the sweetest little dog I have ever seen. He is never snippy or grumpy.

His tail is always wagging and he loves people.

picking the right breeder is very important.

bailey004.jpg

bailey003.jpg

I want one, but I will have to wait until later.

Here is a pic of my daughters Pom. We just love this guy to death.

He is the sweetest little dog I have ever seen. He is never snippy or grumpy.

His tail is always wagging and he loves people.

picking the right breeder is very important.

bailey004.jpg

bailey003.jpg
Oh. Now that little face just melts my heart

I have had poms for 15 years now.

HAs far as cutting the coats go, it depends on a single,double or triple coat.

I have one white single coat right now and three double coated poms.

I lost my longtime companion this past August, he died from cancer.

Never knew he had til it was to late. Breeder research is very important.

research the aliments of the breed.

doodles.jpg

dogs001.jpg

JanShar's Fizzgig T. Wigglesworth all 7 lbs of him:

db_fizz-show21.jpg

db_FIZ-RUN31.jpg

With our rescue Pommie at 4.5lbs, "Baby Bean Bunny Wigglesworth" (yes, he has papers...) we keep him shaved down because his coat matts terribly.

XmasMorning2005web.jpg

I didn't used to like small dogs, even our cats weugh 15-20lbs each! Now I don't think we'll ever do without a Pommie or two!

Add me to the list of people who will never be without a pom if I can help it! My best friend, who was put down at age 15 this summer was a wonderful pom, and we now have a male pom and a female pom/crapzu cross. Neither of the pure poms barked, but the crapzy pom barks her head off all the time. I don't think I'd own another cross like her! (cute as she is!) But as long as I am able to have a dog, it would be a pom. Right now my dogs live with my parents, well, really, they belong to my parents LOL, but Duke is MY baby in every way that counts! Candy was MY dog though, even if she did stay with my parents when I left for university. As soon as I am able to own a dog again, I'll be searching for a pom (probably a rescue pom).

candyxmasmod.jpg

Candy at about age 10 or 11. I miss her more than words can express. She was my constant companion and furry little confidant through a really rough divorce when I was just a little girl. I watched her be born, and I held her as she took her last breath.

duke6.jpg

Duke as a pup, he's also the nose in my avitar. He is my cuddle bug, and a very skittish dog, though NOT afraid of strangers, Duke loves *everyone*! Mom called the other day to tell me he ripped off a toe nail OUCH!

divaridingmod.jpg

And our crapzu cross Diva, with Billie. She looks like a little terrier, and I honestly would NOT be surprised if she isn't what they claimed she is. She ACTS like a little terrier, thats for SURE!

Pomsinwind001.jpg

Hey "don't worry be happy" I think my dogs are related to yours. The name JanChar is on mines papers.

This picture is from my old camera on a windy day :lol:

Mika is 5 pounds and Tally is 7 Pounds. Tally is a bit of a bully with his sister but loves people.

Mika was a rescue and I had to really work at getting her to live as a puppy. Mika is a Daddys girl all the way, whereever you find my husband you will find Mika. Tally is a Mamas boy.

This is a breed very dear to my heart! I just love them. The Poms that we have and have had are the most intelligent, loving dogs.

Here are some of our kids

Zeke (this is my baby)

Zeke-30.jpg

Zeke-22.jpg

ZekeRun-1.jpg

Phoebe (I purchased this little girl several years ago, she promptly adopted my mom; she is one of those dogs who has never met a stranger)

Phoebe-20.jpg

Gabby (this is Phoebe's younger full sister)

Gabby-12.jpg

We did breed Poms for a short while (it broke my heart to sell them so we quit). These are all the result of crossing Zeke and Gabby.

Gracie

Gracie.jpg

Hayley

Hayley-1.jpg

Sunee

Puppy-16.jpg

These two are full brothers (I did not name them in an attempt to not get so attached)

BigBlackMale-4.jpg

BlackMale-3.jpg

Sorry for all of the pictures, can you tell I love Poms!

Zeke is soooooo cute, they all are but Zeke I just
default_wub.png
: boy its a good thing my little guy can't read this!!!!

Latest posts

Back