Can I introduce myself?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Sandy,

Good to see you here! Rambo sends his love!! ((( HUGS)))

Bill

Hello
default_saludando.gif
from Southern Illinois!

Thank you all for the kind welcome, and it was great to see some old friends as well!

I'm kind of chuckling, though, as I think perhaps I should take my garden pics off my website. They seem to garner more attention than my horses, LOL!

But I love gardening, and the key is just getting everything mulched super deep, and then forgetting about it the rest of the year!

Here's a hint for other gardeners: In a lot of my flower beds, but especially around the hostas, I lay down two thicknesses of cardboard. yep! Cardboard! I get empty boxes and lay them down all around the plants, allowing for growth or spread, of course, and then put down about six inches of mulch. The cardboard will decompose in maybe two years, but in those two years it completely smothers out all weeds, and totally keeps the beds moist! If a weed seed happens to blow in from somewhere else, it roots in the upper inches of the mulch and comes out easily. This summer I never had to worry about weeding anything!

Latest posts

Back