Calling all HUNTER/JUMPERS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole

Reaction score
Looking for as much info as possible, I am doing a demonstratoin at one our fairs this fall. We do a lot of jumping but just not sure how I can cover everything in a 20-30min domonstration. That includes setting up a course. I have the rule book from AMHA.

I would also like to hear how everyone goes about training their horses to jump. It is always nice to hear different techniques and what works best for you.

I am also looking for a top hunter/jumper trainier that has done very well in the ring AMHA and AMHR.

Thanks for any advice you can give

Nicole

The first time I ever jump, I put a large trot pole on the ground, and lunge them over it. I jump them over long, low jumps at first, then make them taller and shorter. Use a whip for encouragement, and enforce them to go over after a refusal. Go slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lot of information on my website, I can supply pictures, I can describe any of my training techniques. I hope some of this helps.

Latest posts

Back