Calling all Dog Breeders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slinkky

Reaction score
I have miniature Aussies. I have a female that is 1 1/2 yrs old. She is a wuss. Always has been and I'm sure always will be. She screams at the slightest onset of anything close to pain. Even during training, I had to use a flat collar because she could not tolerate a training collar. She is very respectful and no trouble at all. Here is my predicament. She is in full blown heat. My male (who has fathered 4 litters, so he knows what to do), is trying to do his duty, but when he gets in the right area, she screams. Literally screams. She never trys to bite or even snip at him...just screams. And that turns him away in "full-blown frustration". Now he doesn't even want to go near her. I tried holding her head and even putting a muzzle on her, but she can still eeekkk out a scream. Any ideas?

No. She does not have to be bred. And I am not going to "force" the situation any further than I have tried. I just was wondering if anyone else had this experience. Maybe some one could say "yes, I had one like that and she never bred" or "I had one like that and she out-grew it".

Just was curious.

It sounds to me like she doesn't want to be bred!

Sometimes dogs can be choosy!

I would never force an animal to be bred.

She is very young too, let her mature a little and see how she is at her next heat. Maybe she will never be a suitable breeding dog, this does happen.

Sorry to add, wish I had that problem, I have just dropped my female jrt at the kennel where she will stay until her heat is over! My male jrt and her have love in their eyes but I do not want them to breed.

It will cost me $300 :new_shocked: for her to board there but at least I know she won't get bred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending you a message
default_wink.png
:

You might want to consider having Bonnie do a reading on her and find out if everything is actually ok in her world. And my other conern would be, this is not something that should be passed on to puppies. The idea of breeding dogs (or any other animal) is to promote the best of the breed, This is not the best of the breed, this type of behavior so why would you breed her? Temperments are passed on.

Now, before anyone thinks I was attacking, I am not, I am really asking why? For my own knowledge, why would anyone breed a dog that does not represent the best of it's breed.

No. She does not have to be bred. And I am not going to "force" the situation any further than I have tried. I just was wondering if anyone else had this experience. Maybe some one could say "yes, I had one like that and she never bred" or "I had one like that and she out-grew it".

Just was curious.
Yes I know someone who bred jack russels and had a bitch who always shrieked throughout the proccess and the tie.

It is very common for bitches to carry on this way especially first timers.

Thanks Runamuk and Rebel. That's all I wanted to know. If this is common or if I should be concerned about another problem. I agree, it may just be an age thing.

As far as temperment, she's great. She's very obedient, great with children, calm with strangers, energetic, willing to please, good confirmation...she's got all the things I look for before deciding to breed. However, she has decided not to cooperate this time, and that's fine. Even if she never breeds, that will be ok. She will stay right here and be the same bundle of joy she has always been.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Have a great Thanksgiving. :saludando:

I agree with Runamuk and Rebel...If she is what you want to breed , obviously she is, just know that first time can be scary and when she gets the hang of the whole event she will be a willing partner but she will need to have practice so I would reccomend waiting until the 5th throught the 8th day to introduce her to him and then not keeping the male with her but just breeding every other day until she shows no more interest , let them breed then take him out when they untie, it rests the male and makes the female eager for him the next time she sees him...just what works for me...take what you need from the forum and leave the rest... Ren

"It is better to be kind than right"

I have a friend who breeds Great Danes. She had a female that was almost 3 years old that she decided to breed for the first time. The female was fine with the male, they played, she let him mount willingly, and there was no problem. But when the actual tie occured the female freaked out and started howling, jumping and flipping over and in doing so yanked the male from inside her. No damage was done to ether of them thank the Lord, this girl was never even attempted to be bred again. My friend said that in over 15 years off breeding Danes she had never had an experience like that before.

Josh

I have a friend who breeds Great Danes. She had a female that was almost 3 years old that she decided to breed for the first time. The female was fine with the male, they played, she let him mount willingly, and there was no problem. But when the actual tie occured the female freaked out and started howling, jumping and flipping over and in doing so yanked the male from inside her. No damage was done to ether of them thank the Lord, this girl was never even attempted to be bred again. My friend said that in over 15 years off breeding Danes she had never had an experience like that before.

Josh
OH my glad to hear they were both ok.......danes would be terrifying. This seems to be more common in certain breeds and even certain lines. I can say standard poodles are very sleezy never heard a peep and were more than willing participants :bgrin
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wink.png
: not mine but a friends dogs.

Latest posts

Back