Calling all computer gurus

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I have a problem that even has my computer man stumped.

This happens only on my website when I go there to any of my pages: I get a Microsoft Error that keeps me from seeing my pages.

I get a pink notice that covers up about 75% of my pages from Microsoft that says that they have encountered a problem and are sorry for the inconvenice. They say it's a tech error. They say to "click here" if I want to report it and then there are two boxes that say "SEND" and "DON'T SEND"

If I click on don't send, I get shut down.

If I click on Send I get a lot of tech stuff to read which explains nothing

When I do "send" I go through a bunch of microsoft stuff and it comes back saying that "sorry they cannot fix the error" and say that it may be an internal problem.

My computer man has checked me for virus and all sorts of stuff and we've run spybot and adaware and I check out fine that way. He can't figure out where my internal problem could be. I may have checked something wrong somewhere in my settings messing around but I have no clue where. I've contacted Microsoft help support several times with no response.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I get them from time to time but not just on one site. I heard a bit on the news that said earthlink, aol and some other company were having a dispute over something....i didn't catch it all......so therefore some of us would have problems with the internet until this gets settled. Now Marty i don't know the whole story as i missed most of it. I had that problem yesterday on a couple sites, got the same old box thingy you are talking about too. BUT i don't get shut down if i chose not to send the error report like you said you did.

I found a link have no clue if this affects you or not though

Internet problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Im computer stupid ..wish i could help though. Modern technology ....geez.

Im a old soul stuck in a young persons body ..off to sip my tea

Leeana
saludando.gif

If you haven't updated to SP2 you should do that. It will likely fix the

problem. I suspect it has something to do with a combo of coding of pages at your site and some setting on your system that hates it.

If the problem persists after installing SP2 you should try updating your

video drivers. You might also try reducing the hardware acceleration found at Display Settings->Settings Tab->Advanced Button->Troubleshoot Tab.

I am assuming you are using Windows XP

Farmhand: I was going to say SP2 is probably the problem... Have seen more of this type of problem with SP2 then SP1.
rolleyes.gif

Marty, do you ever get an error message about Microsoft Office asking you to put the disk in the disk drive to add software needed to perform this task?

Farmhand that thing I did in the settings thing didn't work.

I have windows 98 if that matters.

Marty, do you ever get an error message about Microsoft Office asking you to put the disk in the disk drive to add software needed to perform this task?

No not yet and I don't want it either lol

This is sucky cause I can't even visit my own website.

I tried to copy and paste the notice so you can see it but it won't copy

Went back to my computer man's shop today and we operated on good ole Maurice here for a couple of hours.

Darn good thing I have Frequent Flyer Miles in that place too!

But nope, we can't find a thing. He figures I have loaded something that really ticked off Maurice, but for the life of me I can't imagine what it could be. Only thing I loaded was a screen saver and it's a safe one and we checked that. Jenn's my webmaster and she's the only person that loads stuff on my webpages that I send over to her but nothing out of the ordinary.

OH darn it! I would really like to see my website! BOO!

crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif

Marty: Did your computer man look under your security tab? You might try adding your website url address to the trusted sites list. Sounds like your site might be on the restricted list on your computer. Just a thought.

Good call Jaquie but it didn't work.

Computer man just called and said he thinks it has something internal to do with when we loaded my CDburner because that is when it all began so he's thinking about it and what we can do with it. Maybe unload and reload it or something.

I also have microsoft 800# and will call them in the am too.

This is mostly on my diary of a barn page. If anyone goes there can you see it or is it just me?

ShawneeCreek said:
Marty:  Did your computer man look under your security tab?  You might try adding your website url address to the trusted sites list.  Sounds like your site might be on the restricted list on your computer.  Just a thought.
483775[/snapback]

Good Try
yes.gif

I went to Windows XP just recently.........so, what is SP2?
wacko.gif

Marty: I can view your diary page fine. Can see all the pictures. I have never heard of not being able to view your own website because of a CD burner installation. It could be something with the installation of the driver of the CD. It may have corrupted a file in Win98. Like Farmhand said, be sure and run the updates for Win98. Have you tried reinstalling Win98?

Hey Jaquie, yes my puter man suggested that the CD burner was corrupted. He is going to see if he can do it over for me. He told me not to mess with anything like that, I wonder why????

He wants to reinstall windows 98 now too but that's a few hours and I didn't have time today for it but I guess that's next. He did do an window's update. Thanks for looking because I was worried that everyone else couldn't see my pages.

Latest posts

Back