cal expo fairgrounds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JO~*

Reaction score
Does anyone know how far it is from the Vagabond Inn on Arden Way to the fairground. If it isnt to far I would like to walk. Also just how big is the fairgrounds? Is their a gate to walk in that is near the livestock pavillion?

We are going to be pressed for time so what we want to do is check out the livestock dairy show at 8:00 AM then go to whatever other barns are open (anyone know the hours ?) Then go to our daughters appointment at Shriners at 1:00 PM then go back to the fair and see exsibits (sp) No rides or games or any of that kind of stuff.

Any advice?

I hate these trips, eight hours drive one way, then I can't sleep in a motel. Then I know its going to be hotter than
default_rolleyes.gif
: I'm used to high 60's in the summer not 90's, I bloat up like a crazy.

Then on the way home the next day we will stop at the mall in Santa Rosa for school cloths.

I know their is a mall in Sacramento right down the road from the motel but I don't think I can bring myself to go in after driving all day. I hate the mall almost as bad as going to the dentist, no no I think I hate the mall more than going to the dentist. I could get everything I need at Wal Mart and be happy as a clam.

Well thanks for any fairgrounds info.

Sorry, not in California, but you may be able to use something like MapQuest to find your motel and the fairgrounds and check out the distance, just a thought.

Have fun.

Ok Jo, the weather is suppoed to be very nice this weekend. The grounds are very large. The main gate is where you will go in and just keep going straight to get to the livestock area. There are mulitple barns for the different animals. Horses off to the right and others off to the left. Dogs show on the far side of the rides. It is very large and lots of walking. I do no tknow where the hotels are but I doubt any are near enough to walk to the grounds. You can check but I doubt it.

And, you don't want to go to those Sacramento malls anyway. One is no longer there to begin with and the other is just bad. Santa Rosa would be better I am sure.

Hope you guys have a great time.

Thanks guys.

Ya I did the map quest thing and it said 3/4 of a mile I think. Not sure if it would be less as the crow fly's.

The motel is right next to I think AppleBees. I will go look at the site map now, thanks.

Latest posts

Back