Buying Video Camera

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne ABC

Reaction score
Been putting off buying a camcorder because I know nothing about them and hate to spend big bucks on one and then find out it doesn't do well for the horses. Or worse that it is so complicated I can't figure out how to enjoy it. Been searching the internet and seems the ones that record directly to DVD might be a nice choice. Anyone have any advice to share? Thanks in advance!

We have a Sony handycam that records on dvd's. We love it. We buy the DVD's that are re-recordable. So that you can watch them and then still be able to record on them.

Kim

Hi Kim, thanks for the reply. Is there a number or anything or do I just look for a Sony Handycam?

My daughter bought herself a Panasonic DVD Palmcorder so l could do her driving and stuff. l used it 4 times now and it's very easy to use l am gadget dumb and has great zoom in and out.

I just recently got a Canon DV-210 Mini DVD recorder--haven't used it much yet, but am very pleased with it so far. My first camcorder was a Sony (8mm) and I've never been happy with it at all. Considering what I paid for it, it should have performed better than it ever did. After that dissatisfying purchase I won't buy anything Sony again.

We bought it at Sears.

I was just watching Ellen. She gave away the same camera to her audience members who are all pregnant.
default_smile.png

It's so light and easy to manage.

I have the JVC MG30. It doesn't record on disc or tape but directly to a harddrive built into the camera. You can record up to 14 hours without downloading it. If you want DVD quality, it only does 7 hours. I've filmed horses jumping and running and dogs playing, hubby's band.....no problems and works great. They were brand new when I got mine so paid close to $1000 but they have come way down and also have newer improved ones. It's a palm size camera so it's really easy to hold too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back