Buying a Show Halter: Matching Horse Color with Halter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourluckyhorseshoes

Reaction score
Hi--

I am looking to get a show halter for my gelding Treasure (pictured in Avatar). I think I am going to get the black/gold/black

MINIAT4.jpg

I've also seen many pictures where people have a burgundy/red noseband on a chestnut/sorrel horse. Part of me thinks red on red doesn't look good but it did look good on those horses.

Another note: I will also be showing a red/strawberry roan and a pale palomino mare. Will this color look good on them as well? If not what colors would you recommend (doesn't have to be in the picture shown). Any halter to horse color maching help would be great. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Devil is a light sorrel ( his eye is pictured in my avatar ) and he has a burgandy noseband, i think it matches well. I also have a buckskin ( more silver in color though ) that has a purple noseband.

Is that the horse shaved? cant really tell as i am on a school computer at the moment in Spanish and I cant see anything on the screen in detail!

I think gold would look good on him. As for the strawberry roan, i think a more colorful halter would work well, like purple. I dont know any other colors the nosebands come in though, sorry ;) but i like the colored halters, just my opinion.

Best bet if you are showing multiple colors of horses is a black noseband. I think burgundy would clash pretty bad with a strawberry roan

Black with gold or black piping looks good on any horse, but the black with burgandy I've used on all colors and it looks good too.

Latest posts

Back