Buckskin

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capall Beag IRL

Reaction score
default_yes.gif
Hi to everyone

we had a buckskin filly last week, she is the first buckskin filly born in Ireland (from show stock) that we know of.

just wondering what shade she might turn out, so if anyone has foal pics a similar shade to our filly then mature pics that would be great.

im not great when it comes to colour and dont like to colour test because we like the surprise
default_yes.gif

these pics were taken the day she was born and my daughter has named her Peek-a-Boo and thats her sire in my avatar

foal2010-018.jpg

foal2010-006.jpg

foal2010-004.jpg

thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
To me she looks like she wont be golden but maybe a smutty buckskin. Shes a little dark BUT foals change color like the leaves so you never know. But IMO, I would guess smutty.

What a cutie!

I would say this is definitely a sooty buckskin foal. The color changes are amazing as one gets older.

If you would like to email me ,I could return pics of my foal from 2 yrs ago and his color changes. ( I can't post here ,as the pics are not on Photobucket)

[email protected]

Congratulations on your pretty girl
default_wub.png

Your filly is beautiful. Congrats!

My stallion, Royal, is a sooty buckskin.

Foals can change a lot and I'm not sure what my stallion looked like as a foal, but here are some colour changes from a weanling on...

royalty2.jpg

2ish

SireRoyal.jpg

3ish

DSCF0038-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ours stared out like that as a foal and this is what she looked like at five years old.

fairlady1.jpg

thanks for the pics

she is the first buckskin foal that i have come across in my years in minis so dying to know what shade she'll turn out
default_smile.png

just as long as she's not fooling us with foal shading
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back