Buckeye Spring Classic at Ashland Ohio

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxlanefarm

Reaction score
We want to thank all of the incredible exhibitors who showed at the Buckeye Spring Classic Horse Show this past weekend in Ashland Ohio:aktion033:

Entries were way up, I think Jane's last count was somewhere around 188 horses. It has grown every year and we are so thankful for the great fun group of people we have, you make it a great show
default_yes.gif
: . Thank you so much for supporting the show
default_smile.png

We changed the line up this year so that all of the A division horses showed on Saturday as well as most of the youth classes. This made for a long day on Saturday but made it easier to get done early on Sunday. Hopefully people liked this-let us know.

The weather was picture perfect and we hope everyone enjoyed the exhibitor appreciation dinner. (Thank you Jenny and Dee for your hard work)
default_yes.gif
:

Also a big Thank You to all of the wonderful volunteers and helpers who make the show possible.

Thank you for putting on such a wonderful show agian this year! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I will be there agian next year, and the year after that and well, you know
default_smile.png
. Prob the best show of the season IMO.

Weather could not have been better :bgrin

This is my husband Walts favorite show and we got our friends John Murray and his grandkids to come this year from Canada. They all enjoyed themselves. Thanks for putting on a wonderful show we have come every year from Michigan. Arlene Foulk was there showing our horse. :bgrin :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033:

Hi everyone -- John, Dianne & the 3 boys had a great time. The horses placed very well. We hope to be back next year. Great show !!

this is for sure one of my favorite ohio shows! great judges and just a great all around fun show to do. everyone is so friendly which makes it even better. thanks for putting on a great show

I have been to the Ashland show a couple of times, though not the last years, but I remember it was a really nice show and hope to be there next year! :aktion033:

:aktion033:

My kids and I had a great time even thou it was very hecktic trying to keep up with 5 kids and 5 horses ...Sometimes i didnt know if i was coming or going....I would like to say thank you very much to dianne for trying to keep my 2 boys occupied ... All 4 of my kids and my niece were in youth halter but trying to keep my 3yr old and his horse pointed in the right direction in the class was a challenge I think he wanted to test the whole ring ....But the yearling filly he was showing just followed him like a big puppy..

We had a great time and hope to be there again next year ...Hopefully as the kids get a little older it wont be so hard....

My dad wasnt able to be at the show as he had just been discharged from the hospital and i didnt feel comfortable taking him 5 hours from home ...But we brought dad home pics of the kids in youth class and he really enjoyed them.....

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033:

My kids and I had a great time even thou it was very hecktic trying to keep up with 5 kids and 5 horses ...Sometimes i didnt know if i was coming or going....I would like to say thank you very much to dianne for trying to keep my 2 boys occupied ... All 4 of my kids and my niece were in youth halter but trying to keep my 3yr old and his horse pointed in the right direction in the class was a challenge I think he wanted to test the whole ring ....But the yearling filly he was showing just followed him like a big puppy..

We had a great time and hope to be there again next year ...Hopefully as the kids get a little older it wont be so hard....

My dad wasnt able to be at the show as he had just been discharged from the hospital and i didnt feel comfortable taking him 5 hours from home ...But we brought dad home pics of the kids in youth class and he really enjoyed them.....
Dianne got a real kick out of the little one who was busy posing to get hsi picture taken--while in the ring doing his showing. lOL -- kids eh??

I thought maybe everyone would enjoy seeing my little one in his first show....this was his first ever class he is 3yrs old , now if we can just keep him on track in the ring ...he wanted to drag the poor horse everywhere..

hunter1stshow.jpg

What a adorable little boy the horse is nice to. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful picture. :bgrin
default_wub.png
:

Bob and Kathy,

Hats off to you and your crew for another super show (You show is one of our must attends on our show schedule each year). :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

:aktion033: What a cutie -- Every show we go to Dianne finds herslf a small Friend (or 6) LOL

We had a great time at Ashland and will be putting that show on our schedule for next year as well. This was our second time attending. This show was smoothly ran and they kept things rolling nicely and the dinner saturday was very yummy also.

Other than having a very badly bruised foot from having a horse slam me friday afternoon, things went rather well and I want to "Thank" Denise, Alicia and Matt from Debonaire Stables for offering their help with my injury. I actually thought my ankle & foot was broken and was going to be in the ER friday night, its still pretty swelled up & ugly looking yet.

Buckeye WCF Classical Story made his first show out for the season and went Grand Champion Classic Stallion with all three judges that made me forget about the soreness for awhile.

We had a good show with the other 3 horses that we took as well along with our ASPC/AMHR black Michigan filly that was her first show ever placing with 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. There were alot of very nice horses attending the show and the weather was perfect.

Hat's off to all that was involved in putting together the show ~ Great Job Guys!

Latest posts

Back