Buck & Buttercup on equusite Sunday.. a bit of their story..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlawridge

Reaction score
Our sweet standard donkey, a guardian for our little herd of miniatures, had a beautiful BIG baby March 8th. We were very concerned about her because she was so huge. Daddy is a neighboring Mammoth Jack who we were assured was sterile....a huh!! Buttercup was a range donkey when we purchased her from a ranch, along with her two week old baby, in November of 2005. She is extremely gentle and quiet but also was so very very frightened. It took her days to even drink from a tub. She has come a long ways and will greet me, stand by me, and let me pet her face lightly but she just simply cannot bring herself to allow any more than that. I knew that I could not be anywhere near when she foaled. On the 7th, we placed her in God's hands and prayed. I strongly felt that angels were there to assist her. The next morning we were met by Buck, still wet, and standing next to his very loving mama. Both are doing perfectly! Please consider voting for their photo today on equusite. It is one of my favorites as it shows the love and gentleness of Buttercup. Here is how we found them, and the second photo was taken the next day. Thank you to all.

Buck-mama-march8-2007c.jpg

Buck-march9-2007j.jpg

I don't know ANYTHING about donkeys, jack, mules, jennies, hinnies, blinneys (just kidding!) but I DO know one thing...

That little guy is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!
default_wub.png
:

WE LOVE LONGEARS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: and my he's a handsome boy! as for mama, keep working on her. remember donkeys aren't stubborn... people are impatient! we've had several in the rescue that took a lot of patience but it is SO worth it when they realize they are safe now and you are a good thing! congratulations to you on a beautiful mama and a VERY handsome boy!!!
default_wub.png
:

WE LOVE LONGEARS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: and my he's a handsome boy! as for mama, keep working on her. remember donkeys aren't stubborn... people are impatient! we've had several in the rescue that took a lot of patience but it is SO worth it when they realize they are safe now and you are a good thing! congratulations to you on a beautiful mama and a VERY handsome boy!!!
default_wub.png
:
Susan, thank you. And yes, we sure haven't given up on her and patience is something we are very willing to share with her. One thing, she loves my treats! I don't use them much with her as I want her to come around on her own which she has. But she likes them so much that periodically I indulge her
default_wub.png
: She is the most loving and gentle sweet mama it just brings tears to my eyes to watch her with him.

Thank you to everyone who has voted and also for your comments on my little cutie boy :bgrin

That is the most adorable pic!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: I love them ears! Of course you've got my 10's.

You got my 2 10's. He sure has a LOT of growing to do to fit into those ears. :new_shocked: :bgrin What a cutie I'd love to have one but I think my hubby would shoot me.

2 - 10's for "Buck & Buttercup!"

LOVE those beautiful ears! He is just so precious!!

Latest posts

Back