Bubble's pregnancy tread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update !
default_smile.png
nothing new..no progress ?! i'm still waiting and she drives me crazy , her udder has not much changed since the last couple weeks , still no milk , she doesnt look preg anymore lol she lost part or her winter coat and look much smaller , still slab-sided , baby doesnt move much since last week , can feel it move very slowly sometimes , vulva back tight i think ? Anyways she is restless at night , biting often at her belly i know she is not comfortable. It was darker inside her vulva 2 days ago and it is back light pink this morning .. sorry the pictures from side view are not the best she was following me i did the best i could !!
default_frusty.gif

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

Oh and she is approx 320 days today, she started her udder end of march so she has had an swollen udder for a month now.

She is doing just fine. At 320 days you should not be alarmed. All looks like things are just fine. Now it's just the waiting game -- which is the hardest part of this journey. But, once baby arrives, you will forget all this waiting, I promise.

Yes finally ! i just manage to get a couple of drop from her udder lol , i put it on a white sheet it is clear-yellowish a bit and sticky , i manage to get the sample tested but i dont think my result are good since i did not have enough of it to test it 'by the book' .. so ph 8.4 (highest) and calcium 250 for now ,i will test back correctly when she'll be able to give me a bit more of fluid, Diane i know it is waiting game but i feel like a kid that wants his toys NOW
default_impatient.jpg
hahaha

lol ikblazin she doesnt seem to appreciate it either

Hoping your mare foals soon. We are getting all excited here and ours still has 2 weeks to go. Not sure how crazy we will get if she goes over due. My daughters ages 8,10&15 are perfect ages to enjoy and spoil these babies. We have another due in August.

Keep us posted. I love pics.

There would be something wrong with you if you didn't want this baby to arrive NOW! But, when the waiting is over, you'll forget about how long it took.

Keep us posted!!

thanks everybody ! i'll put some new pictures of her and the test strip tomorrow , tonight calcium tested at 300 and ph at 7.8 , progressing slowly but at least progressing !

ok here are her results for those who already use the test strip or are interested in them , what's funny is that my mare hates it when i touch her udder since it is tight and warm i guess it hurts a bit but when i start a small massage she enjoy it so much that she lift her foot high like a dog that is going to pee on a tree and she scratch my shoulder as long as touch the udder loll if only i could take a picture of this i'm sure everybody would laugh so much !!

So about the results well calcium is high , close to 400 , i start getting nervous at 400 calcium so i start to get nervous now lol , ph is still high but can go down in hours so when calcium is that high i start doing 3 test per day. Don't worry i cannot really milk her and lose fluid since she gives me only 2-3 drop so i need to hold the test strip directly under her teats .

IMG_1406.JPG

Resize Wizard-1.jpg

The calcium test looks pale-white a bit since i don't use water to mix the milk so there is still fluid on it , if you look in the corner of the square you'll see the real color

Yes, we've had a couple of girls here who dropped their pH from 8.6 to foaling in the same day. Gotta love these ladies!

I've got a question for everybody , i just got a mare , neglicted a bit , long hoof , thin .. yes she will be back healthy soon but i was wondering what color is she , she looks very funny lol ? She have not been brushed at all so her winter coat is still there and long but can anybody give me her/his suggestion
default_smile.png
thanks ! Bubble didn't foal yet , she still look as close as she was 2 weeks ago lol , full moon tonight hope it is going to be a lucky night !!

mae1.jpg

Latest posts

Back