Brindle/chimera filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad she's doing better! What a special filly.
default_wub.png

Marbles is back up at the vets.

She spiked a fever of 105 tonight so I brought her back up to the vets. Before going up there, I gave her Banamine. When I arrived (45 minute drive) she was back to normal because of the Banamine. Vet did some blood tets and ultrasound. Did not see any ominious signs, but they are going to keep her for a few days. Her incision is partialy infected with ecoli (found that out today as the vet had to do a culture on it. She came home with the infection and I have been treating it).

Hopefully it is just the incision infection and we will be able to clear that up.

Murphys Law is really working overtime here!!

default_no.gif
OH NO-POOR MARBLES!!! Sending more prayers and positive thoughts for her full recovery and speedy home coming!!!
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your precious little Marbles! I did not know she had been sick. Lots of HUGS and PRAYERS for that unique little filly!!

Marbles is home...again.
default_wink.png
She spent another week at the vet and hopefully is on the mend now. I saw her when Sue picked her up at the clinic and she is just beautiful. she reminds me of a tiger cub. Her coloring is just so striking. I can't wait until Sue gets the tests back.

Barb

---Yes, she is home again (another big bill. UGH!!) She is still depressed and now has water diarrhea. I have her on Bio Sponge, Probiotics and Electrolytes.

Her tail was dry most of today, so hopefully she will start to clear up. She has lost a lot of weight and her poor butt is raw. Interestingly, when I wash her butt, which is now down to the skin, you can see all of the stripes on her skin around her butt.

I had her outside for about an hour today on the backyard grass in a small pen. She ate some grass, drank some water and slept in the sun. Something she has not been able to do for two weeks. The stall at the vets does not allow them to see outside the stall. Poor thing had to be going a little stir crazy.

Now if I could only get her to be less depressed.

Edited: Just went out to check on her and she has paste stools now.
default_488.gif
default_new_multi.gif
Never thought I would get so excited about poop!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how I felt when I was stuck in the hospital, so I'm not at all surprised she would be depressed. I'll bet that nap in the sun in familiar surroundings did her a world of good. I'm glad she's home!

Riverdance, I am so glad you posted the latest about your special girl, good to hear she is home again, I have been anxious to hear whether all was going well and she could get back to a normal foal life. You (and she) have had a rough time. Sending positive thoughts your way! (I am the one with the brindle roan mare.)

She is very unique even within the brindle group, and I hope C. Penedo can ferret out all of her dna qualities soon.

Best wishes for her complete recovery.

Latest posts

Back