Bridmomjb is home, Multihitch - 7 hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MultiHitch

Reaction score
rolleyes.gif
We met Ann at her turn off of Highway 49 southeast of Hattiesburg, MS. When she saw us (Marty Q and his wife in one car and us in the semi with the trailer) tears welled up in her eyes. She was overwhelmed with happiness at the generosity of all the wonderful people on the forum and CMHR. Everyone who donated to make the trip possible kept her horses in hay for part of the winter.

The devastation is beyond belief. She showed us pictures of the house and barn days after the storm and the work she has done in the few short weeks is awesome. The tree/brush pile is larger than most homes and as high as a two-story. She lost the main power line to her house - it was totally ripped off along with most of the siding below it. The barn roof was gone.
no.gif
Huge sheets of steel were hanging in the trees.
no.gif
It was remarkable, but no horses were hurt!!
new_shocked.gif

She is such a sweet person, sincere, caring, and just a tremendous joy to be around.
biggrin.gif
She cooked us lunch, then dinner, and insisted that we spend the night to rest up before getting back on the road. Believe me we were 4 very thankful people to have a cozy soft bed, and the chance to sit in a chair that wasn't moving!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Marty and his wife got off this morning early and we left about `11:00, arriving back at Jan's (BMJB) about 4:00 this afternoon. With dinner and a short nap, I'll be heading out for Oklahoma City. I will follow up with a post when I get home.

Incidentally, we understand that some of the pictures have been arriving from Jack S. taken at the AMHR Nationals. Maybe I've got mine in my mailbox at home! Yeah! I must say, it was a pleasure and an honor to be able to help Ann and my heart goes out to everyone who was affected by the storms. Monette, Karen, Ann, and all. Hugs to you folks!!

More later from Oklahoma!
yes.gif

So glad you were able to help Ann and her minis. It's good to see mini folks helping other mini folks.
yes.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
HOME AT LAST !! Left Jan's (BirdmomJB) about 7:15 this morning and got home to El Reno about 2:00 this afternoon. All is well at the homestead.

It was my PLEASURE to be of service and I must thank Ann for her wonderful food and fantastic hospitality.

Latest posts

Back