Brenderup trailer price - Solo - the one horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheryl

Reaction score
The single horse isn't very common so I couldn't find any adverstised to see what is a general market rate. New, they are really pricey - about 11K, but this one is about 6 years old and in very good condition. What are your thoughts about a price range??

The Brenderups are very light and have inertia brakes so they can be towed behind smaller vehicles - especially with just minis on board!

thanks

I really don't like the Brenderup trailers... I don't think they are safe. I also think that if your vehicle can't tow a full sized trailer, it shouldn't be towing horses, even small ones. I know that everyone can't afford to run a full sized truck, and I know that Europeans seem to love that type of trailer. My personal belief (feel free to disagree!) is if you can't haul safely, don't haul.

I also don't trust inertia brakes. The idea of putting a trailer behind a smaller vehicle, one that can't stop the trailer on its own, is very scary... what if those inertia brakes fail?

For that price you can buy a NEW aluminum trailer. They make 16' alumimum stock trailers for $7500 from Featherlite that weigh 2400lbs and are brand new! That's a huge trailer for minis, and weighs almost nothing! And far safer.

While I appreciate the reply... it would be more helpful to answer the question! The tow vehicle I have can handle this trailer with or without the enertia brakes. I am just sick and tired of hauling the huge heavy trailers. thanks

I dont know the answer other then they do seem to retain there value. I love Benderups they are wonderful to haul in a large truck or a mini van SUV type of thing horses seem to love to ride in them as well. they are a bit funky looking I agree and take some getting used to but I would JUMP at the chance to purchase one

I would love a Benderup. I have seem them advertiesd used for about $6,500 for the two horse. That was an older model. I would think about $3-5K. Good Luck !

Brenderups are great trailers and hold their value better than most other models. Although I would not personally haul with any compact car they do well with V-6's and I know plenty of people who haul with SUV's and Mini Van's.

Take a look at HORSE TRAILER WORLD as they usually have a Solo or two listed under Brenderups.

I hauled short hauls with horses.....under 1000 miles with my Rice and then Brenderup for 35 years. Most of the time I hauled equipment, tack trunks, etc or a golf cart. They are extremely stable on the road and follow right behind the vehicle. They are also extremely quiet....no rattling or noise. I never had any problems.

Check out the floor carefully as they are not your typical wooden floor and you have to order the laminate material from the Brenderup factory. It cost about $1,000 for a new floor in a two horse. But if this trailer has been taken care of it should be perfectly fine. Also depending on what part of the country you live in you should make sure that you get one with the SPC (solid phenolic resin) walls as a lot of humidity.....like down here in Florida is really not well suited for the laminate siding.

Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
My Hubby doesn't want me to put Maggie in my new mini (horse) Van...even with a stall built for her. Of course he does not have time to build the stall. Sigh ~~

But I have known people both here and in the UK that have Brenderup's and they love them!! And that is the only one I would trust having my new mini Van in pulling. It has the Towing packages,,bigger brakes and all that. Is the matter of finding a used one..like you and affording it. Might be awhile on my part.

So good luck finding yous!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please please please rethink that! I just looked up the towing specs on mini vans the other day, and not a one was rated for more than 5000lbs. Most were 2500-3000lbs. That's not enough for a trailer and horses, even if they are small ones.

I tow- in total safety- with a 2.5 litre Ford Transit van.

I will also put a horse on this an- again in total safety.

The trailer I tow is a Bateson two pony- six foot form floor to ceiling, fibreglass front so it is fairly light but a good solid floor that makes it sit down on the floor.

Even though I am very small I do not fancy a tiny trailer as I need to be able to move around in it in comfort.

Our first trailer was a full size horse, single trailer and that held four Minis- we towed- again in total safety- with a large family car.

There are quite strict laws here about the weights you are allowed to tow with which size vehicle and we have always been well within these laws.

The Transit is very low geared and built to tow- on roads it is not much use off road- and is a good safe vehicle- it also does 28 to the gallon towing- diesel!!

American minivans aren't quite built the same way... they are built for style and internal size. With so many other options such as SUV's and pickup trucks they don't incorperate the towing options. They are geared high for highway speeds and built on an unibody (lacking a frame to attach a class III tow hitch, which is required for towing horse trailers (by law actually... once you have more than x square feet of front surface area a class II hitch isn't enough)). Minivans are very nice, my family has had them for as long as I've been alive. But they aren't tow vehicles. Even with the tow package they are still only designed for a small lawn trailer or a popup camper trailer, weighing under 3000lbs.

Latest posts

Back