breast plate padding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBH

Reaction score
My harness needs some padding undere breastplate......we measured from side where the shoulder strap is to same spot on other side and it is 18inches. all the one I have been looking at on line are 15 and 16 inches......some much longer. I can't spring for a new harness right now and wonder where you can get one long enough. ideas/suggestions please??

Almost anyone who sells those pads can make them in custom lengths. Usually you'll want the pad to extend behind the neckstrap so it covers pretty much the entire area the leather does but without being a whole lot bigger than the breastcollar either as far as width. The waffle pads Susanne talks about are nice because they don't get nasty with sweat the way the faux fur pads do but either will work for cushioning.

Leia

Ozark Mountian (minitack.com) has the breast collar pad at 2 1/2 X 25 inches. The harness saddle pad is 3 1/2 X 15 inches. Maybe you were looking at the saddle pad measurements instead of the breast collar one?

Now you've peaked my curiosity...

I bought my waffle pad from our trainer, who said it was a saddle pad that she bought from MixiExpress. Now that I look at various websites, the breast collar is always much longer, so I think she was wrong...but the MiniExpress site is down.

I believe CandyCar is probably correct, at least for the waffle pads.

CANDYCAR--In looking at the ozark mountain site is see the acrylic pad in the 25 inches but not a waffle weave....am I missing something. I really like the waffle weave, trainer has one and I think it looks alot nicer.

Ozark does not have waffle weave pads to the best of my knowledge; they only have the furry ones. Mini Express sells fairly dense waffle pads that are a little heavy for my taste but are sized perfectly, and Prime Design Tack can custom make some non-fuzzy pads to whatever size you want as well. Camptown Harness sells some nice mini waffle pads and ones I like called Pillow Pads. Any are good!

Leia

Latest posts

Back