Brand Spankin' New to Minis and Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the world of miniature horses.

One book I always recommend to newbies is "Getting Your First Horse" by Judith Dutson. This is geared towards horses in general, not minis, but is full of great advice on health care, horsekeeping, etc and is written for the adult first time horse owner.

You can find it at the online bookstores like Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

He's a cutie! However, I'm sure the person you got him from said he'll get his spots when he sheds--color/pattern has nothing to do with testicles dropping!
default_biggrin.png

Welcome! I'm in SW OK.
default_saludando.gif

I'm glad you and your colt are here on the forum!
default_yes.gif

I bet it won't be long until your little guy gets a buddy to play with LOL!

Robin

Welcome from North Central Oklahoma!
default_saludando.gif

The Miniature Horse and Pony Breeders of Oklahoma has a show in Ada this weekend if you want to meet lots of people right away!

Welcome to the forum from Southern Oregon!! and congratulations on your first(probably of many :DOH! ) mini!! I've learned so much on the forum but there are many different training methods and opinions on which is best....so you have to find out what works for you.
default_yes.gif

Welcome from beautiful British Columbia Canada. As I'm sure you've noticed this is a friendly place with people from all over the world and all walks of life (and ages) This is the best place to learn about everything mini and just to share the ups and downs of owning horses and life in general. I won't recommend a book because all the ones I like best (that I've read ;) ) others have already mentioned.

Oh yeah and your little guy is pretty darn cute. We'll all look forward to seeing his pictures when he looses his winter woolies (or you get tired of them and clip lol)

Welcome! I'm in SW OK.
default_saludando.gif

I'm glad you and your colt are here on the forum!
default_yes.gif

I bet it won't be long until your little guy gets a buddy to play with LOL!

Robin
You are absolutely right, Robin. We just picked up another mini-horse about an hour ago!!
default_new_multi.gif
I guess I'm into it now with both feet!!! LOL
default_xreiter.gif

welcome from New Jersey
default_saludando.gif

I just read your post and didn't even get a chance to

congratulate you on your first mini, before

you got your second.

I started the same way, now we have 9

They are soooo addictive

Your little guy is so cute

Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, how wonderful! Your two minis will have so much fun together! Congrats on them both!

Lots of wonderful folks in OK to help you along the way and many shows and activities there.

Peggy

Latest posts

Back