Book discussion for "Alter Of Eden".....SPOILERS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
If you have read this book, then please let us know what you thought of it. What was your overall opinion (likes/dislikes) of the story? The Author?

**If you haven't read (or finished) this book, then you may want to stop reading here.**

I'm getting ready to begin part three, but it will need to wait until Monday, busy weekend, I need to bath & clip a filly and go get hay. So far, and this is my second read, I don't like to put it down, the suspense is just as intense this time as before.

You really have caught my interest, can't wait to get this book in the mail and start reading it. I love suspense books.

I am at part 3 now too...about 60% of the book. I really like it so far, it's action packed and although predictable so far, I think Rollins will be throwing a curve in there soon enough. The animals are very endearing in it, especially the parrot. Two thumbs up from me at this point.

O h Sonya, I too am much liking Igor, Shame about the mom saber tooth though. I'm waiting till tomorrow to start part three, I've read this before and do know what is waiting on the other side of Eden, but I'm building the suspense. I feel so bad for Jack with his fever, and he has no idea!

Just got my copy today, will be reading instead of watching the college basketball game. My team was Syracuse, so I'm just not that into the game.

I had a doctors appointment today, so I got to read some more while waiting, getting ready to start chapter 59, but I think I'll save it for tonight incase I can't sleep. It is like over 90 degrees here and hotter then the devils......, so I may be up having a hard time going to sleep. Poor Jack is so sick and some may get left on the island! So scared for them and the animals.

Up here in the upper section of NY, they are forcasting sleet and raw weather for the night. Lots of rain coming in now. I am enjoying this book, though. Will be reading more tonight and during my break at work tomorrow.

I had a doctors appointment today, so I got to read some more while waiting, getting ready to start chapter 59, but I think I'll save it for tonight incase I can't sleep. It is like over 90 degrees here and hotter then the devils......, so I may be up having a hard time going to sleep. Poor Jack is so sick and some may get left on the island! So scared for them and the animals.
We had an ice storm today and power outage in western OK. 28 for the low and 26 predicted for tonight. Glad I didn't clip my horses yet! It's hard to read when it's overcast, windows iced over, and no electricity...

I feel so bad for you guys that are still having winter. here in Maryland we haven't had a spring, we have gone from shivering season to sweltering season, it's awful, as we haven't adjusted. My poor horses are miserable, a couple are clipped and some have had the shedding blade, but some are still real furry. But, bad weather is good for reading as far as we humans go.

All done...I loved it! I liked the little stab at the end too with the bald monkey snarling at the kid....the only part of the book I got bored at was about 3/4 way through...there were a few chapters where he went in dept about the factuals and what not and it was boring! It was beginning to feel like Koontz explaining the fungus in 77 Shadow Street...lol. A very good book, Rollins did not disappoint me.

I loved this book! Started reading after dinner and didn't stop until I was done. I liked all of the characters, Rollins did a great job with them. I also was bored by the part about factuals, that was over my head and didn't do anything for the overall story line. I could see a sequel coming also with the kids and the monkey at the end. I also bought another book by Rollins, Blood Line. Now to start that one.

I'm glad to hear that everyone likes this month's book. It makes me sad that I missed out on it.
default_sad.png

Kanoas-I still haven't had the time to actually go to a book store
default_sad.png
Hopefully soon! When I do though, my offer still stands. Better late than never, right?

Sara if I had the hard copy I'd mail it to you, but I downloaded it for my kindle. I rarely keep books, thats why I like the kindle (but I still like the feel of a book better). I still buy books at times, usually from the bargain bin at stores. I gave away about 100 books to a friend recently....I usually donate them or leave them at work for someone else to read. If you do get the chance I hope you read it....it was my favorite book so far from the LB reading circle.

I have a question for the kindle users, those that have the kindle fire, how much space is there on them? I know you can download tv shows and movies and connect to your email and stuff, how much room does this all take and does it leave room for books? If I bought a tv series or a particular movie, I wouldn't want to delete it when I was finished watching it. I'm always rewatching my favorites when the urge hits.

I don't have a fire so I can't answer, I actually use a kindle app for my mini pad. I do know with kindle books, you can archive them in a 'cloud' and they are always available, that way you don't hog space on your device. I do know books take up very little space, movies really hog space.

Latest posts

Back