Book discussion for "77 Shadow St".......**SPOILERS**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The people who lived, should make sure it's torn down. That would keep it from happening again. I wondered why they just didn't leave before the shift. They all seemed to have that "Oh well, if I ignore it, then it's go away" attitude. If I had seen any of that creepy stuff, I would have been out the door pronto. I like the sisters, too bad they both died.

I also liked the Cupp sisters!

I'm excited to see what book we do next month
default_yes.gif

I'm bringing this topic back up....I haven't read the thread yet because I'm not finished with the book, I'm about 80% through....just didn't want you all to think I disappeared like someone in the Pendleton house....lol. Hope to be done soon...with my Dad passing away and my Mom being ill, reading took a back seat. I will say this so far, I do not care for this book (big part of why I'm not done). It has never taken me this long to finish a book, I often don't even open it for weeks. I haven't read many Koontz books, maybe 5-6 and I enjoyed those for the most part...this one not so much. I find it boring, subject matter all over the place, not interesting characters (I can not connect with any of them and I despise their names....Twyla, Sparkle, Winny, Kirby, etc..). There is tons and tons of fluff in the book, maybe just to fill pages and the descriptions go on and on and on. So far IMO not one of his better works....but I will finish and look forward to what you all have to say about the book. I'm wondering if maybe just the subject matter is not for me at this time because of recent life experiences, who knows. I will come back and update and read your thoughts when I am finished...maybe the rest of the book will surprise me. I will go on to The cart before the corpse when I'm done, but I might skip February's book. Thanks for letting me part of the group, sorry I have not contributed more.

Happy reading,

Sonya

Glad to have you, you may be surprised that you aren't alone with your thoughts on the characters. I didn't think about their names but, yes, they are all a little strange.

I'm done! Yah! I didn't like it at all...too much fluff, too much going on but at the same time nothing going on. No connection with any of the characters. I don't care for time travel storylines either....to many unanswered questions. I am proud of myself though for finishing it....it was brutally difficult...lol.

I did not read the bonus at the end and was so happy to see the last 15% of the book was that and I didn't have to read it. Onto January's book....

LOL! Sonya, your post cracked me up. There's nothing worse then being stuck in a book you have absolutely no interest in. Especially if you're not the type of person who will put it aside and read something else or stop reading it altogether. The January and February books were much, much better in my opinion.
default_smile.png

Back