Bonnie Not at Nationals.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
Woke up this morning having pain with every breath I took. Ears hurt,throat well you know.

Could not seem to get air and it really hurt to try.

Finally ended up in ER AGAIN!

Turns out I have pneumonia, AGAIN in one lung and an infection around the lining of the lungs.... :no:

I think it's called pleurisy or something like that. I can tell you this, it is one of the most painful things I have had.

:eek:

All day I was there, what a waste of a really beautiful wonderous day!

SO now it's antibiotics, breathing treatments.The Dr said if my ears weren't completely cleared, do not fly.

He said it can be extremely painful something about not being able to clear the ears.......... and said your immune system is obviously compromised why would you want to compromise it further,by putting yourself in a germ factory? He doesn't understand horse people.

I was thinking about cutting a day off, flying home sooner, but now it's pretty doubtful I will be there at all.

I am sorry for you who were going to stop by, I look forward to this each year.

I have been eating healthier, dropped 20 lbs and have been sick all darn summer !What the heck??????????

Is my photo in some germ shop somewheres saying find her, find her?

default_wub.png
:

Bonnie

Aw Bonnie, I'm so sorry. Your doctor is right though, flying with plugged ears is the worst pain imaginable. I'm usually curled up double in my seat, rocking, whimpering, and trying hard not to scream, and I don't scream for anything short of a broken bone! It's like someone driving a spike into your ear without mercy.

Take care of yourself.

Leia

Dear Bonnie,

I am so sorry that you aren't well.

Been there done that with the pleurisy. One of the most painful things I have experienced and I have had two children.

Take good care of yourself it will take a while to get your strength back.

Debbie

Woke up this morning having pain with every breath I took. Ears hurt,throat well you know.

Turns out I have pneumonia, AGAIN in one lung and an infection around the lining of the lungs.... :no:

I think it's called pleurisy or something like that. I can tell you this, it is one of the most painful things I have had.

SO now it's antibiotics, breathing treatments.The Dr said if my ears weren't completely cleared, do not fly.

He said it can be extremely painful something about not being able to clear the ears.......... and said your immune system is obviously compromised why would you want to compromise it further,by putting yourself in a germ factory? He doesn't understand horse people.

I was thinking about cutting a day off, flying home sooner, but now it's pretty doubtful I will be there at all.

I have been eating healthier, dropped 20 lbs and have been sick all darn summer !What the heck??????????

default_wub.png
:

Bonnie
Awww Bonnie, I'm so sorry dear! I have had it and it's called Peritinitis, when I got it they put me in itensive care as it's nothing to fool with..( the part about the lining of the lungs, or was mine the lining oround the heart?) ANYway..take care of you first, there will be another Nationals next year and you want to be able to go
default_yes.gif
:

Maxine

Please take care my son gets that about every other year and it takes him weeks to get fully back on his feet- and very painfully. Take care!

Sorry you are sick Bonnie....us lots of Reiki and you should be back to normal fast.
default_yes.gif
: Mary

Get well soon, girl!!!

I'm sorry you can't go to Nationals, but your health is far more important, we need you around a LONG time.

Liz

Oh no. I hope you are feeling better soon.

The one and only time I flew commerical I ended up getting vertigo. Come to find out my tubes are too narrow in my ears. Just having that was enough to make me not want to fly again. Dr. said with meds. it can be controlled. Just scares me to think I might have to go through that again. It took a week before I stopped moving from side to side and spinning.

I feel for you.
default_sad.png

Kim

Prayers for a speedy recovery Bonnie! I know it's a BIG disappointment, but take care of yourself!

Charlotte

Aw Bonnie!
default_sad.png
I'm sorry this happened. I know how you were looking forward to seeing everyone and them fried green tomatoes! Please take care of yourself. {{{hugs}}}

Bonnie,

So sorry to hear you won't be there....take care of yourself though, more important. I may be home pouting myself, treating sick weanlings instead of driving up on Sunday as planned. Ugh.

Jan

Be good to your self, Bonnie...........There's GOT to be reason for this and the timing.......

MA

Bonnie, Sorry to hear that you are sick again. Keep Larry at arms length so he doesn't get it again. Sorry that you won't be taking your yearly trip to the Nationals about bed rest is what you need. Give a call if you need anything

default_pray.gif
: for a speedy recovery

I have not been on in a while and so when I decide to have a look to see what is going on in the mini world, this is the first thread I read! Wow Bonnie! How terrible for you. I hope you will get well very soon. I will tell Slick and I am sure he will wish you well also.

I am glad you lost a so much weight though! Good for you!!

Shellie

default_wub.png
:

Bonnie

Latest posts

Back