Boneless / Skinless Chicken: Thighs vs. Breasts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Does anyone here know the nutritional information of how these compare?

Everything I seem to be able to find compares them w/ skin and fat... I like the boneless / skinless thighs better and have been buying that recently over the boneless skinless chicken breasts. I think dollar for dollar, it's about the same because I still find fat to trim off the thighs before I put them in the freezer (vacuum sealed). I know they must still have more fat than the chicken breasts (dark meat vs. white meat), but I was wondering if anyone knows how much worse? I know it's better for you than red meat... I've been using these the same as I have used chicken breasts and H and I like it better, but I'm not trying to kill us with bad food!

Thanks!!!

Sounds like a job for google
default_yes.gif

Found this info on the Live Strong website..

3.5 oz boneless / skinless chicken thigh 209 calories and 10.9 grams fat.

3.5 oz boneless / skinless chicken breast 165 calories and

3.57 grams fat.

I do like using the boneless skinless chicken thighs occasionally. Especially when I make homemade chicken noodle soup.. I use a combination of breast and thighs. I think adding the thighs for the dark meat give it the taste texture that I actually cooked an entire chicken to make the soup when really I took the easy way out, but it's so yummy and easy!

Shoot! I was afraid it would be that much more fat. I think maybe in some recipes, I'll do like a 50/50 split between the two...

Wow, I wouldn't of thought there would be that much difference when it's trimmed and skinned. I only eat thighs from kfc and they come with skin, lots of breading, and lots of greese!

Back