Blue ~ My baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
My favorite horse besides Jinx is Blue, she is my "Baby Blue" my "Knocker" (Erica's mare). Blue is bred to Jinx and is due April 23rd (335 days). Today is Blue's 295th day.

Blue is a maiden mare so was flat as a board. About 10 days ago Blue started to get puffy in the teats. As the days went by each side got a little puffier and have stayed about the size of a finger the last 5 days or so. Yesterday I noticed her biting at her sides quite a bit and last night when I did my "mommy" checks, I could cup her "bag" in my hand, so she has increased in size a bit. This morning ~ She has BUTTERSTICKS ~ my little girl is coming on.

Three days ago she lost her rear, she had a nice round butt, now its pointy and relaxed. Still has some resistance in the tail.

Blue is a half sister to Erica's Penny, both Reflection daughters. (Penny used to belong to me and I am hoping to go to Erica's this summer for a visit and can't wait to see Penny give her a big ole hug.) I think Erica said Penny had both last year's and this year's colt around 315 days? Erica?

Anyway, I am thinking that perhaps Blue is going to take after her big sister and come before 335 days.

I am also thinking sleepless nights are headed my way. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you can never be exactly sure when they are going to have it. Is there anything in her bag? like yellow liquid or clear liquid? Is her rear soft? Keep me updated on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your in for some very long nights! This year my girl is having her first foal and i'm already going crazy just thinking about it!

awe, i love Blue.
default_wub.png
:

she is sooo cute, and i cant wait to see dat widdo baby!!!

well good luck, she really sounds close. i bet she'll be a great mom.
default_yes.gif
:

I am also thinking sleepless nights are headed my way. What do you think?
Sheryl, you might as well join others of us in the same boat--what is it they say? Misery loves company
default_wink.png
: :bgrin

We have been up nights with our little mare that is at 287 days. She tried to talk herself into having hers too early so we have her on regumate and other meds and alot of sleepless nights! Hopefully your mare doesn't sleep flat out at 3:30 til 5 am with a nonstop beeper
default_wacko.png
:

Sending lots of good luck and good wishes your way with your little one soon to be!
default_pray.gif
:

Yep Sheryl,

Penny seems to always go already, or has with her first two. I pasture bred, but I know she goes early as; as year she foaled April 5th, Design foaled April 1st, Infinity April 7th.......all those bred back on their first heat........Penny foaled 3/8 and the others are still hanging on got them due to the 20. So I think Penny is about a 315 mare.

Looking forward to seeing your foal Sheryl Im still watching 4 here at home who have had every sign but having a foal.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Fran your mares haven't foaled yet :new_shocked: wow.

Last night Blue's bag went down some and didn't have the butterstick feel to it. This morning she has the buttersticks back and they are bigger than yesterday. She looks different too. After she finished her grain I turned her out and she went to every one wanting to be groomed, right down the line. She has never down that before. Saw her swishing her tail and kicking at her belly a few times as well while I was cleaning stalls. I will definitely be keeping my eye on her.
default_wub.png
:

Terri - I hope your little mare is doing better and presents you with a beautiful healthy foal.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back