Blog to read for the training of Danny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Oh, this is so cool I just have to share it! Here is a blog that Sue of Summit Assistance Animals has set up for the training of Danny. http://summitdogs.blogspot.com/2007/07/danny.html There are sure some great photos there and an interesting summary of their progress so far. I hope that those of you who are interested in seeing how he is trained will get some enjoyment from this blog. I know I will!

OH what a warming story!

It sounds like he has found his calling! What a smart, clever little horse. :aktion033:

'What are they good for?'........

Amy,

You might ask Sue to run a "newsletter" of sorts that can be forwarded to other like associations - I think this is a wonderful use for our "pet" quality minis, non-breeding mares, etc - they could have wonderful, fullfilling homes for many, many years.

Might also be a neat idea to do a write up for both the AMHA & AMHR magazines - that info will circulate to several thousand people all over the world.

Stac

Thanks for the suggestions, Stacy, I will definitely mention it to Sue. Once he is actually "doing" something I will write an article for the mini horse magazines or she will. I think she is frankly floored by how quickly he learns and how adaptable he is! She said he is much quicker than her dogs to "get" things! Which is something that Alex had mentioned to me as well about Panda.

I thought this group collectively disapproved of using miniatures as guide animals? I have very strong feelings myself.

I think if you read the blog completely you will understand that the goals of this group are NOT to use the miniatures as guide horses for the blind, but more for assistance with physically disabled people. Minis are stronger and sturdier than dogs and can therefore be of more support for individuals who need help getting up.

And for the record, I am totally AGAINST the ideas of minis being used as guides for the blind - I just don't think they are safe.

Stacy

I think if you read the blog completely you will understand that the goals of this group are NOT to use the miniatures as guide horses for the blind, but more for assistance with physically disabled people. Minis are stronger and sturdier than dogs and can therefore be of more support for individuals who need help getting up.

And for the record, I am totally AGAINST the ideas of minis being used as guides for the blind - I just don't think they are safe.

Stacy
Thanks. I did not read the whole blog *blush* because I didn't want to get ittitated - assuming the wrong thing. I read it and do understnd the difference now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Nice story and blog.

Latest posts

Back