Blanket Houdini!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicmac74

Reaction score
Its pouring rain here in California...lovely seeing as we do not get much rain usually. Well..I put a blanket on Scampy (he shivers in the rain and cold..a true Cali. boy!)- this morning..there it was..in a rumpled heap in the mud..nicely ground in deep. This blanket has leg straps, a belly band and front closures!!!Not a rip in it either..he just shimmied out of it!He is a funny one....guess he was not wanting to be "dressed" either! lol.

Yep, they can do some real Houdini tricks.

A couple of years ago I had my stallion clipped for an early show and it turned brisk. I put a sheet on but that didn't seem enough so I covered that with a blanket. The sheet had only a belly band with velcro and closed front. The blanket had leg straps and a belly band with straps in front.

The next morning I found his sheet in a pile but he was wearing the outer blanket all in perfect position. I was hmmm, "how'd you do that?"

when I lived in California my mini did the same thing. Burried his rug in the mud...now that i live where it is -10 , i think i was silly for making my shetland wear a rug in California...but they look sooooo cute in it.
default_wub.png

Usually if I take Appy's blankets off and hang them in the feeder in his stall, he'll leave them alone - but twice he's pulled out the neck warmer (come to think if it, two different neck warmers!) and put them out in the attached run and then PEED on them! I think he's trying to tell me something!
default_rolleyes.gif

I know it! My little mare and gelding get all shivery and tuck their butts under them when it gets below 50!They are not super wooly and it has been an unusually warm winter. I LOVE the mini blankets though and would buy a wardrobe full of them for all special events! They just look so cute in them. I confess I have flysheets, cottons sheets, turnout sheets.
default_smile.png

when I lived in California my mini did the same thing. Burried his rug in the mud...now that i live where it is -10 , i think i was silly for making my shetland wear a rug in California...but they look sooooo cute in it.
default_wub.png

wow! your boy has some skills!!They really are little midnight Houdini's! (it always seems to happen under cover of darkness.
default_wacko.png

Yep, they can do some real Houdini tricks.A couple of years ago I had my stallion clipped for an early show and it turned brisk. I put a sheet on but that didn't seem enough so I covered that with a blanket. The sheet had only a belly band with velcro and closed front. The blanket had leg straps and a belly band with straps in front.

The next morning I found his sheet in a pile but he was wearing the outer blanket all in perfect position. I was hmmm, "how'd you do that?"

Yep..he would be saying SOMETHING!!!I always think its a little attitude coming out..like a little kid! I know mine are happier without blanketing..but they get cold and shivery without them when it drops below 50. I know..I know...California weather is mild but I guess they just must feel the cold! I found some really cute pink and blue doona (quilted) blankets in Australia and ordered one. Its hard to find pink mini blankets here that are well made too.

Usually if I take Appy's blankets off and hang them in the feeder in his stall, he'll leave them alone - but twice he's pulled out the neck warmer (come to think if it, two different neck warmers!) and put them out in the attached run and then PEED on them! I think he's trying to tell me something!
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back